Illustrisimo DVDs

Discussion in 'Kali Ilustrisimo' started by southsider, Apr 16, 2012.

1. southsider

southsider New Member

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there are any DVDs available on KI. I had heard at one point there was a series through Unique Publications but I can't seem to find it.

2. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Since Inside Kungfu magazine went out of business in April 2011, the unique publishing videos are harder and harder to find since the new owners decided to get away from the martial arts scene.. You might want to try I&I sports or even the video rental outlet called Goldstar martial arts to see if they are available.. I have the original KI videos that were put out by Lion Heart video which was run by Alan Sachetti and Bill McGrath from the early 90s and three of the 4 unique videos of the same system.. Trying to find anything that deals with KI on video is harder than finding functional hen's teeth

3. michigankalisilat

michigankalisilat New Member

I'm pretty sure everything is out of print including the 3 video volume by Mandirigma productions. (its really awesome if you can find a copy on ebay)

Your best place to look is on youtube. Search for Topher Rickets, Tatang Ilustrisimo or Tony Diego and you will find some amazing clips!

Eric

4. Henrym3483

Henrym3483 New Member

its such a pity, i have vhs to dvd conversions of the videos which were hard to come by. its a pity as unique pub had such a great library of kali eskrima videos and videos on jkd, silat etc. i heard that Christopher Ricketts had an 8 dvd set in production before he died..i doubt that will be coming out either.

5. Henrym3483

Henrym3483 New Member

afaik also allen sachetti is re-releasing the lionheart video masters series one of them with tatang on it on dvd in the near future.

6. michigankalisilat

michigankalisilat New Member

Great news about the rerelease. keep us posted.