Ice Storm.

Discussion in 'The Den' started by arnisador, Feb 1, 2011.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

My college closed early today because of the ice storm here in Indiana. It's only the second closing in the 12 years I've worked here. All county schools and govt. offices closed, as did the mall, movie theatres, and many businesses. My colleagues are calling it Icepocalypse. We are doing fine but there've been many power outages and downed trees.

2. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

Keep your head down. I lived most of my life in the upper midwest and don't miss the weather in winter one iota. Summers are beautiful but winters are way too long and too nasty.

3. sjansen

sjansen New Member

Were closed her in Michigan too. Yahoo! Students think it's grest teachers think it's better.

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

We have a Level One emergency--no non-emergency traffic. My college is closed tomorrow (er, today now).

5. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Darth Vindicatus Supporting Member

Buffalo dodged it, again. :D

I'm disappointed. I've got 2 snow blowers topped off, 3 bags of rapid ice melt stocked, 3 gallons of gas on the side, car topped off, pantry and fridge full, extra water stocked up on, hand warmer heat packs to keep the lizard warm in case power goes out, 3 semi autos oiled and loaded and 15,000 rounds on the side. Firing lines cleared out, and in case the snow zombies breach the walls, a fall back position stocked with Dr. Pepper Heritage and 2 Paul Chen Practical Plus's.

It's heart breaking. I was looking forward to the 2-3 feet, disaster of global warming happening. I R Sadded. :(

6. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

It's been a huge deal here, but then, there probably aren't 2 snow blowers in the whole city! Schools closed again tomorrow (three days in a row) but now down to a Level 2 emergency (you can drive if it's essential).