I have a fan!

Discussion in 'Doce Pares' started by lhommedieu, May 7, 2008.

1. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

Lately I've been blessed with a fan named "Stickngun" who seems to have nothing better to do than give me free advice on YouTube. The following is a typical one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRoguSunynA#GU5U2spHI_4

Here are a couple of others:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpaK9rEt8mk&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a13RwsKjzI

etc.

Normally I'd take the advice that I've given on this thread but obviously this guy isn't going to go away.

Time for Plan B.

On the theory that sunlight is the best disinfectant I was wondering if anyone could drag this little troll out from under the rock he's been hiding. He's left enough clues to his identity that he shouldn't be too hard to pull out by his ears: possibly a Southern California Doce Pares wannabe? San Miguel Eskrima "expert," possibly a friend of Winston, Tim, and Steve? Speaks Tagalog. Big "Journey" (that band from the '80's) fan, etc. I mean, how many could answer that description?

Everytime he posts it's got to be an embarassment to you guys in the Doce Pares community. (Honestly - do you want people thinking that he represents your organization?)

Please feel free to PM me if you know the identity of this gentleman.

Best,

Steve

2. Imua Kuntao

Imua Kuntao New Member

I checked his profile on the youtube and from I see, I think he is a beginner,like the guy who just got his green belt and wears it in public to show everyone he is learning and how tough he is (in his own mind).

3. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Stranger things have happened.. when we were training in the Philippines, we had a guy who would wear his gi, belt and full arsenal (that's right weapons) downtown to other schools just to show his illusions of self grandeur.. He was nothing but a yellow belt who was trying hard to get his green belt (which he failed 3 times before he got the sign).. I used to work with him in the hospital while at Clark airbase and there was times where he actually challenged my room mate and myself (both Kuntaw practitioners) for cabs to get to work.. One time he actually pulled out a knife and tried to intimidate us with his "deadly training" with the knife.. W just laughed and got out of the vehicle and let him go on his merry way..

In this life you meet all types of people with illusions of grandeur and self inflated egos.. It just pays to bite your tongue and let them have their way other than having to be called into testify for a mental deficient patient's competence hearing.

4. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Brit with a stick

Hi mate,
    Simple solution, Ban the user from your clips, delete his messages, you can do that on You Tube. Even if he tries to open up another account, do the same, pretty soon he will get bored and go away.

Remember there is always at least one bad apple in every barrel.

Best regards

Pat

5. Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons Member

Steve,

I have no idea who this person is.

I agree sign your posts, take credit for what you do. Stand up for your comments and assume everyone will read what you write and you must live by it. (* Of course everyone makes mistakes form time to time. *)

Now on to the serious part of my post here: (* Wink Wink Nudge Nudge ;) *)

How dare you control the center line and have one of your two weapons always in front of you to either defend or keep up the attack. I mean what are you expecting out of this? :D

Sorry I could not resist phrasing it this way given your "fan". To me it matters not what art or system, but can you do it or teach it. Can others learn it. Each person must make it their own, and even if their instructor has used it for "REAL" and everyone else in their club has used it for "REAL" this does not mean that you have it until you yourself use it. Until then all we can do is continue to practice and keep spreading the art.

Thanks

6. pguinto

pguinto New Member

When i was actively frequenting the Lakefront, i would often see a puti (amboy flip slang for white person) who would jog the bike path from the north end to about the Planetarium and back in full Samurai regalia; armor, helmet, tabi boots(?), and even a sword. He would often get many jibes and guffaws from people. The one time i actually saw him stand up for himself was when a group of skater teens started calling him ninja man and fake Samurai wannabe. What a real tough guy, ignore everyone unless they're teens. It's good he came to his senses and moved on, cuz if he attacked the teens i probably would've had to step in, for good or ill. I've often wondered if his sword was real or a trainer.

As for youtube punks, ignore them, ban them, and/or delete their posts. It's youtube, the online equivalent of performing at a fair. You'll get all types. The only other option is not to post. And you really shouldnt point fingers without any proof.

7. Pat OMalley

You will find in general that many of the hidden posters are just armchair hero's who have nothing better to do with themselves but to critisise others for their own lack of ability. I am sure I have people 1 star some of my clips simply because they dont like me as opposed to what I am doing, and I am sure I have some people 1 star me because they dont like what I am doing and feel what they do is better.

So what I dont have to live with them, and if they do make inane remarks on my clips, I Delete and Ban. Oh the power of the Delete button:EvilGrin:

Dont sweat it, surround yourself with people you like and let the rest just drift into the background, dont even entertain them as all they are trying to do is bait you. If they trained as hard as they critised they would have clips up their showing you how much better than you they are.

Best regards

Pat

8. oosh

oosh Junior Member

I guess these are the types that will never put a video of their own on there, but would secretly love to ;)

9. Imua Kuntao

Imua Kuntao New Member

The reason I say he is a beginner, he does not recognize the fact that you are teaching a class/lesson to the students and that you are explaining and showing,and not at a large public demonstration.

10. Kuyalex

Kuyalex New Member

Youtube Videos

In regards to Eskrima, a lot of the videos on youtube are criticized, unfortunately due to ignorance.

Some people just don't understand...

...or it can be someone you know messing with you.

Kuyalex

11. Bobbe

Bobbe Member

Pat gave the best advice, my friend; Delete the posts and regulate your people posting willy-nilly without your consent. This is easy to do on youtube.

I just posted the first few Doce Pares angles on youtube, with the counters that Cacoy was working back in 98-99. As I expected, I received much more hate mail than encouragement. People will spam you for no better reason than being an ass, and believe me when I say I've had more than my fair share, from Bukti Negara trolls who think they have some monopoly on silat to people as far away as Australia who seem to think they know which end of the stick to hold better than me. You can go HERE to see one that followed me to this forum.

There is no other way: You have GOT to ignore these people, or you will go insane. And then, for them, it's mission accomplished. And trust me, anything you put on youtube martial arts related is going to attract trolls worse than a hot Asian chick in a biker bar in Wyoming.

Someone from the DeThouars camp hacked my site a few months ago, then sent me an anonymous email boasting about it...and it pissed me off. A week later, I rebuilt it with stronger security...And it pissed THEM off. Further, I simply ignored everything out of their mouths from then on. Ergo, life is simpler. You should do the same.

In the end, I think it goes to show that not everybody is entitled to an opinion after all, and you need to be careful about who you give your ear to for criticism.

12. Pat OMalley

Well said Bobbe, I think if we listen to jealous idiots, which is after all what they are, we would all go insane. Every now and then (when I know who it is) I call them out, guess what.... Yep they crawl back under the rock they came from.

The power of the delete button is a great thing and there is nothing more powerfull and annoying to idiots like these that to be ignored. They are looking for attention and by ignoring them you do not give them what they crave.

All they want is recognition for themselves but unlike most people they are not willing to put in the hard work that gives you any type of recognition. They seem to think for some reason they should have it as a matter of course.

Ignore them, you sleep better at night and the good news is, they loose sleep because you ignored them.

Best regards

Pat

13. deetee

deetee New Member

"....people as far away as Australia who seem to think they know which end of the stick to hold better than me."

You still going on about that bob?

If ever you find yourself in this part of the world, please feel free to look me up and we can discuss this further face to face if you wish. You have my email address already or you can PM me on MAP or Blitz.