How's it goin?

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by SomethingClever, May 1, 2011.

1. SomethingClever

SomethingClever New Member

Hi, I'm SomethingClever, and i just recently got into the "Fabulous" World of FMA. More specifically, Doce Pares style of Arnis/Eskrima/Kali. I've always been into martial arts, both informally and formally. I'm a 90's kid, so i grew up watching JCVD, Steven Seagal, Jackie Chan, and other "Hollywood Martial Artists". Besides being raised by those "Violent" movies, I'm asian, so martial arts is in my blood (sorry, i like making stupid racist jokes at my own expense to break the ice).

But seriously, I'm filipino, and when i lived there, i had numerous opportunities to learn this stuff, but i was too mad and into the whole teenage angst thing to actually give it a chance. Now that i'm not living there and not frequenting hot topic like i used too (another joke; for those of you who are frequent patrons, I meant no offense, i actually like their band t's and pop culture t's, i got my favorite Cobra Kai hoody there), I finally found out how crazy awesome FMA is. I also have been kicking myself in the ass repeatedly because i realized all the golden opportunities i missed.

Anyway, I've done a bit of Kung Fu, Aikido, and BJJ. I really plan on getting more serious with the Doce Pares Eskrima, more so than with those previous Martial Arts. It's kinda my own personal way of having "Pinoy Pride", because I'm not into, nor do i have a subscription to "The Filipino Channel", and i'm not a huge fan of Manny Pacquiao. I mean, i respect him as a fighter, and he's very inspiring, but I still have bad blood over my Philippines stay.

Oh, and as you might've noticed, I have ADHD. Whether or not you believe in that, I tend to switch topics and get random.

Well, I think I've given too much information already, so I'll just end it here. It's an honor and pleasure to be within the company of so many recognized and accomplished Martial Artists and to have the ability to "pick their brains". I look forward to talking, and hopefully meeting everyone here. See you guys on the boards.

2. LegendLoLo

LegendLoLo New Member

Good to meet you sir. I too am a Filipino and a 90's kid. I've been practicing FMA since i was 9 years old and graduated when i was 16.

Would like to here more from you bro. Keep it up.