howdy

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by eskrima, Jan 4, 2008.

1. eskrima

eskrima New Member

Hey all. I just found this site. I think that I "know" a couple of people here:

silat1 and kuntawguro. I use to converse with you 10 years ago. if silat1 is the same person (back then his logon name was silat), I sent him a 5 segment stick in 1997.

back then my logon name was still eskrima, but everyone called me sticks.

does any of this sound familiar to anyone ?

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome! I don't think I know you.

3. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Sticks is a long time acquaintance of mine on the other FMA/Martial arts forums and rooms... Welcome to the circus and make sure your seat belt it fastened as it can be a bumpy ride from time to time.

4. eskrima

eskrima New Member

wow, small FMA world eh ? to answer you question in the PM. Yea, I was in Colorado living in the mountains, but became a single parent and had to move back to "the Valley" for different work where I didn't have to travel. It's good to be back here. No one to train with up where I lived in Colorado.

I haven't done any stick work in years, just the heavy bag. I have been grappling off and on (between injuries :) ). I have fought in 3 Dog Brothers' gatherings since I have been back in LA. 1 match I did really good LOL.

I really miss stick training, so I am looking for a school where only stick is taught - that's how I came across this site.

So how was Chicago after being in Guam? Talk about a change of climate.

5. kuntawguro

kuntawguro -== Banned ==-

Hmmmmm, the old brain is getting bad. Maybe if you could bring up one of our conversations it would jump start me
    He he