How was the Kombatan Camp 07 ??

Discussion in 'Kombatan' started by StixMaster, May 15, 2007.

1. StixMaster

StixMaster -== Banned ==-

How was the Kombatan Camp in PI on Negros Occidental-Hinigaran Village?? Any pictures? Any new news?? Who was there?? How is GGM Ernesto Presas doing?? Learn anything new??? What about this movie that was filmed?? Just being curious to hear about the camp and the Museum and Hall of Fame in the Philipines?? Thanx !!

2. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Darth Vindicatus Supporting Member

I've seen comments that Lito Concepcion, Rob Castro, Ric Manglinong and Tim Hartman were promoted to Grandmaster status. Who else was there? Any other promotions?

Any other pics besides Tims?

3. StixMaster

StixMaster -== Banned ==-

A flyer that I found and posted states that both Lito Concepcion & Robert Castro were personally promoted to 9th Dan by GGM Ernesto Presas at the camp and that the Eskabo Daan logo with other Eskabo Daan memorabilia were put into the FMA Museum . Thanx for the help!

4. johnzag

johnzag Junior Member

StixMaster the camp this year was really interesting to say the least.

Due to the hall of fame there was a lot of senior IPMAF players in attendance so made the event that extra bit more special.

Tim Hartman came to camp for the first time as well and it was great to meet, train and speak with him.

Some of the fight scenes from the movie being shot at camp were pretty spectacular to watch first hand so hopefully when translated to cinema they still hold. Johan Skalberg and Master Jan Presas were awesome.

It was the biggest attended camp in IPMAF history so that can only be good for the organisation.

We also did do a bit of training as well :) haha

Cheers,

Johnny.

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Mr. Hartman told us about the camp and said it was great! He also told us a bit about the movie, which is very exciting.

6. johnzag

johnzag Junior Member

Well I am also excited to see how the movie came out .. had the honour of doing a fight scene with Grand Master where he killed me ever so nicely... Also did another fight scene with Master Oliver Garduce.. So I hope it all comes out well.

7. animal_stylez

animal_stylez New Member

Is there a name of the movie? A release date?

8. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I think it may be intended for direct-to-video release.

9. johnzag

johnzag Junior Member

Correct it will go straight to DVD the intention is to hopefully show this movie around and hopefully gain some interest to make a bigger budget movie which would than be made for cinema release in the Philippines (and internationally if succesful).

There are some very good fight scenes in the movie.. at least they looked good when filming and on the play back so hopefully it sparks some interest and financial backing from external sources.

I think watching the movie on DVD will be the highlight of the next camp in the Philippines.

10. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I hope the DVD is available over here too! Thanks to the Internet, I'm expecting it will be.

11. johnzag

johnzag Junior Member

You should be able to get it through IPMAF dont know i it will be distributed through anyone else..

12. sirherm

sirherm New Member

13. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Cool! Thanks for sharing!

14. johnzag

johnzag Junior Member

great photo's bring back a lot of memories from the camp ;)