How do I refer people to FMA Talk?

Discussion in 'FAQ' started by Apollo, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Apollo

Apollo Administrator

We've enabled the Referrer System here...keep score of how many folks sign up after finding us from your links!

Heres how it works. Read the 'how-to' info below.
    Refer people to FMATalk.

==========
    If a user visits the forum through a link that contains "referrerid=XXX" the forum will give referral credit to the owner of the referrerid when they register (where XXX is the userid of the referrer).

everyone got that?

From the FAQ:
    What are referrals?
    The administrator may have enabled referrals, which allows you to be credited for any new users you invite to the forum.

You gain referrals by promoting FMATalk using your unique referral link. The link you should use as your referral link is this:

http://FMATalk.com/index.php?referrerid=XXX where XXX is your id number.

Each time someone follows this link to FMATalk and registers as a new member, your referral count will be incremented by one. The number of referrals you have can be viewed in your profile.

You administrator will have more information on any prizes or rewards that may be given out for referrals. Please be courteous when promoting FMATalk by not spamming other web sites with your referral link just to gain referrals.

Question - How do I find out my User ID number?

Ans - View your profile (either by clicking on your name from a post, or by looking in the Members List). THe UserID # should be on the left side.

Add link to your sigs, your websites, email em to your friends.

Questions, suggestions, etc - lemme know.

Thanks All!

Example:

To do my referal link, I do this:
    http://FMATalk.com/index.php?referrerid=1

Click on that, sign up and I get a point.

Replace that 1 with your id, and it'll track who found us through you.

Tis easy.

Hope this helps folks out.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2005
  2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Who is our top referrer?

3. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Darth Vindicatus Supporting Member

4. Brock

Brock Asha'man

Damn, Bob beat me to it. I got distracted by reading posts in other forums after I looked at the Top Referrer section.