Home Training

Discussion in 'Lightning Scientific Arnis' started by Supremo, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Supremo

Supremo New Member

the technique is to hit the tire uno, seis, doblada then stare coldly at you neighbor watching, haha! alas! no complaints!

does lifting weights at home help develop speed? I'm worried that weight lifting might affect speed.

2. Batongbuhay

Batongbuhay New Member

add a pic of Mang Ben onthe other wall! that way they both teach yah

3. Supremo

Supremo New Member

funny coz I was thinking of the same thing, haha!

4. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Junior Member

i just placed the 3 tires on top of each other, at each midpoint of the tire where it makes contact with the wall, i drove in nails one on each side to tie the tires on to it, and then tied the tires together also on top of each other. i used nylon rope for tying.

if you want, i have extra tires at home, its yours if you want it. when my mom gave the tires to the bote dyaryo, i bought a new set to setup. but i thought that my psycho mom would just dismantle it again anyways...

oh i have another "mom" story. she saw my nasty bruise on my thigh (courtesy of the lema cup '08), she said "you're going to die of skin cancer...", and then she saw my busted lip (courtesy of an uppercut), she said again "you're definitely going to die of cancer..."

what is it with cancer?!!!

5. chamber

chamber New Member

tire set-up and cancer

lbb salamat sa tip, i'll definitely take you up on your offer re-tires, will coordinate with you. thanks!

i think your mom wants to scare the hell out of you, so everything's 'cancerous'. imo i don't think that'll stop you... different also if your wife's the one telling you that, i'll get more worried. :coolyello

6. GLENNLOBO

GLENNLOBO New Member

oh i have another "mom" story. she saw my nasty bruise on my thigh (courtesy of the lema cup '08), she said "you're going to die of skin cancer...", and then she saw my busted lip (courtesy of an uppercut), she said again "you're definitely going to die of cancer..."

what is it with cancer?!!![/quote]

just returned from holiday so i'm half asleep, but if you live long enough, cancer will get you!! statistically 80% of ninety year olds have a cancer.. so she is wishing you a long life and happy training!!
    lol

"different also if your wife's the one telling you that, i'll get more worried. :coolyello" think you should worry more if your wife says youre gonna die of food poisoning....

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  7. GLENNLOBO

GLENNLOBO New Member

with the tyres chained together do they move a lot and is this a problem with the striking?

8. Dawn

Dawn New Member

clipped or hung?

what are the training pros and cons of having the tires hung and moving about compared to having it tightly tied and stationary?

9. Supremo

Supremo New Member

One of the advantages of having a swinging tire is that you get to practice your sigida, abierta and retrasada the way a boxer uses a punching bag to practice his combinations, body coordination especially the footwork. A swinging tire is the closest you can get to a live opponent in that you can move forward as the tire moves back or you may move to the side as you deliver a strike as the tire lunges towards you. The only disadvantage I see on a stationary tire is that you don't get to practice these movements I mentioned regarding a swinging tire.

The disadvantage I see on both the swinging and stationary tire is that they both don't hit back, hehe!

10. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Junior Member

gosh that's what my mom said too! she said, "pinagpa-praktisan mo yang gulong, palo ka ng palo eh ala namang kalaban-laban yan at hindi gumaganti!" can somebody translate it better for me?

11. Dawn

Dawn New Member

space

Ah, ok. Thank you. :)

From the pictures, it seems a swinging tire needs more space (360 deg all around?) and that could be a disadvantage for home training.

I suppose.. that's what students training at your home is for? Hahaha, I'm kidding. Home training pa rin naman <it's still home training> :laugh:

12. GLENNLOBO

GLENNLOBO New Member

its one of the main reasons i teach!!.of course you do run out of WILLING vistims, but the tyres dont whine as much!! ex-wife got rid of mine,.. gotte get some new ones!!! chained or fixed.. or get a student to hold them???

13. citom

citom New Member

Kung saan nanggagaling ang kanser..

Sabihin mo na lang sa nanay mo, "Ma, sa kape naman nanggagaling ang kanser.. Ka-pe-pindot at ka-pe-pisil! :EvilGrin:

Sorry, fellas, it loses flavor in translation! :D

14. citom

citom New Member

"You keep on practicing on that tire... you keep hitting it, but it's not resisting.. it can't fight back!"

I like it in Tagalog better... reminds me of... sigh.. my mother..

15. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Sounds like Bruce Lee: "Boards and bricks...don't hit back."

16. Supremo

Supremo New Member

actually I got this line from the Bruce Lee movie Enter The Dragon, hehe!