Home Training

Discussion in 'Lightning Scientific Arnis' started by Supremo, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Supremo

Supremo New Member

Can you kindly share how you train at home and what equipment you use to develop power or speed. I for one use two tires one hanging on top of the other to develop speed, power and coordination for delivering strikes in both the upper and lower part of the body. I'm eager to hear from everyone so I can also learn from what you have shared or will share on this topic.
    Thanks everyone! :)

[​IMG]

2. Supremo

Supremo New Member

new pic, hehe!
    [​IMG]

3. chamber

chamber New Member

thanks for sharing Supremo!

for now I'm just using my sticks, a pair of heavy ones and then some light ones.

I'm planning to have tires set up in my garage, and good thing you showed your set up, looks good indeed.

4. Batongbuhay

Batongbuhay New Member

astig

Astig! kahit picture, ensayado! mukhang binabantayan ka bro!

5. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Hi Tom.Yep.Astig indeed ,or tigas,ha ha.

It looks like you have a really good training setup.Is it a problem with the noise?

The picture is for inspiration.Nice one.

6. lightning

lightning New Member

Correct me if I'm wrong po sir,if you looked at the picture, it's as if Master Elmer is touching the tire and is ready to strike at it.:)

7. chamber

chamber New Member

ey i've seen those photo tricks before... like the one where guro seems to be kicking one of us in the family jewels.... hehe...

8. Supremo

Supremo New Member

That is good workout chamber. I remember my uncle Elmer using a heavy stick when I was young. It is a good workout for power, you notice how light an ordinary stick would be after swinging a heavy one? hehe!

9. Supremo

Supremo New Member

Astig! kahit picture, ensayado! mukhang binabantayan ka bro!

Haha! When i hit the tire I imagine I'm sparring with my uncle, I also imagine my entire body in pain

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  10. Supremo

Supremo New Member

Actually it does Shaun, so I make sure when I hit the tire its not siesta time, hehe! My other uncle in LA received a complaint by their neighbor because of the noise it makes every time he worked out . :coolyello

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  11. Supremo

Supremo New Member

Oooooohhh, now I see it, hehe!

12. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Yes, that was a great angle for that shot!

13. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Junior Member

this was my set up:

clicky clicky
    [​IMG]

3 tires on top of each other fixed to a wall. just enough to represent the head, torso and lower portion of a person.

it was great! but since my mother moved to my place, she wanted to clear my place of everything that is not familiar to her. she gave my tires to the magbo-bote dyaryo. too bad i was away. she was about to give away my sticks and washing machine too... aurgh!... mothers...

14. Supremo

Supremo New Member

even the greatest warrior can never argue with their mother :coolyello

15. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Junior Member

you are right! i tried to argue, but she said that i look silly beating tires with sticks... and tires are breeding grounds for mosquitoes... uso daw dengue. aurgh! so i thought, it's useless to argue.

16. Supremo

Supremo New Member

hmmm . . . I believe the late Bruce Lee also said the same thing: "Boards don't hit back" hehe!

17. Banakun

Banakun New Member

For home training, a tire is all you really need (or two, or three depending on your preferences)... plus a couple of sticks! Hahahahaha. Many people don't really realize the kind of development consistent tire hitting can bring... in terms of strength/power and form. But the noise is indeed a problem especially when you live in a neighborhood where houses are close to each other... hahahahaha. But seeing you hitting something with sticks, I don't think your neighbors will "mind!" Nobody sure seemed to mind in my neighborhood! Hahahahaha. Of course I'm just kidding!

18. Batongbuhay

Batongbuhay New Member

so true

its also very pschologically satisfying! its such a nice way to ease away tension. thats why arnisadors are such well adjuted people.... its cheap counseling :)

19. Dawn

Dawn New Member

It's probably because they'd rather see you hit the tires than the neighbors. hehe

:)

20. chamber

chamber New Member

home training/mothers

hey lbb, i agree with supremo, mothers have learned this universal MA applicable to all nationalities, maybe similar to the art of the curler smoking mrs. in kung fu hustle! :coolyello

going back to your tire set-up, that is a good set up. could you share how you fastened the tires to the wall?

thanks!