Highest Ranking

Discussion in 'Doce Pares' started by fmafightteam, Jan 29, 2013.

1. fmafightteam

fmafightteam New Member

Does anyone have an idea of who is the highest ranking Doce Pares instructor in the US or California. I'm curious cause I'm hearing lots of different answers.

2. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Doce Pares in the states has splintered away from the parent group in the Philippines.. I would recommend you get a hold of Tom Sipin in Milwaukee as he used to be the head man of doce pares in the states before the split

3. NAGA

NAGA Member

Hello All,
    I concur with Bill GM Tom Sipin would be the person to consult, He runs Four Winds Martial arts up in West Allis which is actually a suburb of Milwaukee.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
    John

4. Charlie

Charlie New Member

I have only meet Fred Bandalon in California down in Hollister I know he has went back to Cebu a few times.

5. fmafightteam

fmafightteam New Member

Thank you for replying. I was just curious on the Doce Pares Organization. I have meet both Tom Sipin and Fred Bandalan, they are great individuals but I was confused when I saw Tom Sipin on Youtube endorsing GSBA. After researching online, WEKAFUSA.ORG and WEKAF-USA.ORG is ran by now two organization, GSBA and Doce Pares Inc. It's interesting how organizations split after they have learned the art. There are other organization that split, Pedoy Eskrima, Serrada, Bahalana, Balintiwak to name a few because of their differences in training or personal matters. As far as this split, there is nothing I can find.

Thank you all for the reply.

6. Charlie

Charlie New Member

I know that Fred Bandalan has hosted and brought Dinoy Cante out many of times and is doing so again this Saturday, and Sunday in Sacramento, CA if I herd right.

7. eskrimador1932

eskrimador1932 New Member

The highest ranking individual in the U.S. is Grandmaster Dong Cuesta of PIMA New Jersey. He is considered the "Dean of Instruction" for the Doce Pares Multi-Style System. His info is here: http://eskrimador.org/index.php/dong-cuesta. As for California I believe the highest ranking is Master Erwin Mosqueda. He is the chief instructor for the Los Angeles Doce Pares group. His info can be found here :http://www.fmaadocepares.com/master-instructor-erwin-mosqueda.html. Also check out Master Nilo Baron. He is based out in Sacramento Ca. His info can be found at: http://www.fmaadocepares.com/master-instructor-leonilo-nilo-baron.html. He runs Filipino Martial Arts Academy "Doce Pares West Coast Headquarters"

8. eskrimador1932

eskrimador1932 New Member

Also... for more info on Master Erwin and his great group of students go to www.ladocepares.com. They are based in southern California and have a couple of different locations. :sword2:

9. fmafightteam

fmafightteam New Member

Thank you for all your help.