Hi from QC, Philippines!

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by chamber, Jun 27, 2007.

1. chamber

chamber New Member

Great to be here, hope to learn a lot from this community!

Mabuhay ang FMA!:sword2:

2. tswolfman

tswolfman Member

Welcome

3. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

Welcome.

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome! Please tell us more about yourself!

5. chamber

chamber New Member

well, i'm pure pinoy, and was into other MA's before (Japanese and Korean), then when I got married, which was pretty recent, I started wondering why I didn't pursue a Filipino martial art, something indigenous to my country.

Thanks to my best friend, who got into FMA earlier, and with some diligent research, I found what I was looking for. Though as a family man, I don't really have much time for it, but I think I'm spending quality time with the art, and I find myself more patient now in the pursuit or study of FMA.

6. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I study Modern Arnis, which has a Japanese influence, and I have heard this story so very often...the Japanese arts (and TKD) are very popular in the Phil., and fewer people seem to study the FMA! From here in the States, it seems so hard to understand. How nice it must be to be at the very source!

7. chamber

chamber New Member

that's what also bugged me from the onset, how come arnis/kali/eskrima is more popular in the states or europe... why was there so much interest outside the country? but i feel now that i had experience other MA's, i got to appreciate FMA better and i'm truly proud that i'm training and learning it now, even if i'm not that young any more. but as they say - seize the day, go FMA!

8. pinoy

pinoy New Member

hi there sir! greetings from a newbie :angel: from the highlands of antipolo rizal

its close in QC, one jeep a way :coolyello

welcome po & mabuhay.

same as you sir, i wonder, why other MA's are more popular here in Phil compared to other countries where they say FMA is gaining popularity. Its even hard to look for some one interested to train, bummer. anyway, am happy am hooked to our own art & enjoying, its just sometimes no time to train, or always on light training.

anyways, welcome po uli.

9. daryl510

daryl510 New Member

kumusta chamber. thats right, mabuhay fma!