Hell's Kitchen: Cook murders Waiter

Discussion in 'Misc. Knife Arts' started by Carol, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

This story could have been lifted out of a horror movie. At an upscale seafood restaurant in one of Boston's nicest hotels, a chef allegedly murders a waiter with a butcher knife.

What are your thoughts on this type of story?

For me, it's a mix of emotions. I feel crushed and saddened for the family and friends of the 30-something year old man that was killed so unnecessarily. I'm concerned about how Boston, a city not known for its violent crime, has a murder rate that is rising at a disturbing rate. And I feel disgusted that someone has taken what is part of my new art (bladed weapons) and used them to senselessly extinguish a human life.

Maybe I'm just trying to make sense of something that doesn't make sense at all.

Do any of you feel the same way?

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

It can happen anywhere. The first story here is about a knife attack in a synagogue. Guns may kill more people, but knives--as in the case you cite--are easily available, and all the more so in certain professions, such as cooking. In the U.K., they consider it an epidemic!

3. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

On the news they have been saying the murder happened in an "enclosed, emloyee-only area"

Somehow I think Turner Fisheries really doesn't want it broadcast that the attack happened in the kitchen. I can't say I blame them. ;)