Hello from Toronto, Ontario Canada

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by FENOM, Jun 5, 2008.

1. FENOM

FENOM New Member

I just wanted to drop everyone a quick message to say hello and voice how proud and glad I am that there is such support, interest and dedication to all FMA.

I am looking into training full time in FMA and recently visited Guro Jun's academy at Kali De Leon. If anyone else has any suggestions of where I can get quality instruction, it would be most appreciated!

Regards.
    FENOM

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome! You're in Toronoto? There are a number of schools there...Mr. Hartman, who is in Buffalo, will know who is there, but is busy this weekend with the Buffalo WMAA Modern Arnis camp that starts tonight. It features Modern Arnis, Kombatan, and Dekiti Tirisa Siradas, as well as a little non-FMA, so if you're free you should check it out!

3. KaliJuan

KaliJuan New Member

Welcome to a great forum board FENOM, good to have you here :)

4. Phil Mar Nadela

Phil Mar Nadela New Member Supporting Member

Master De leon is a good instructor and i only heard good things about his school.
    Hope you like it here welcome fellow Canadian!

5. FENOM

FENOM New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. Arnisador, thanks for the heads up. I be sure to ask about instructors within the Toronto area.
    ~FENOM~

6. Brian Johns

Brian Johns Junior Member

Welcome to FMA Talk. I'm located in Oshawa and teach Modern Arnis out of the Legends Community Centre on N. Harmony Road. If interested, you can contact me at ontariomodernarnis@gmail.com.

Whereabouts in the Toronto area are you located ? In any case, welcome aboard !!

Take care,
    Brian Johns

7. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Definately check out Brian's training. [​IMG]

8. FENOM

FENOM New Member

Brian, I live in the Scarborough Area. Not too far from Oshawa.

9. Brian Johns

Hello Fenom,

I hope to be able to meet you sometime soon. Perhaps we can arrange such a meeting ?

Have a good day !

Take care,
    Brian

10. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

You could also check out Arnis Canada

Masaryk-Cowan Community Recreation Centre
    220 Cowan Avenue
    Toronto, ON
    M6K 2N6
    CANADA

11. FENOM

FENOM New Member

Thanks for all of the info however after speaking with Guro Jun, I'm very excited to be welcomed into his family at Kali De Leon.

12. Brian Johns

Best of luck in your training !

Take care,
    Brian:bow:

13. 5tirosCamarin

5tirosCamarin Katulong Guro

If you ever get the chance to train with Grandmaster Max Pallen of Senkotiros Arnis, I urge you to do so.

14. Shawn

Shawn New Member

Hey Fenom,

how goes the training? You hit it pretty good with Guro Jun, he's likely just about the best in Toronto for the Filipino arts. A great instructor with a true love for the arts he's teaching.

Shawn
    www.trinityjunfan.com

15. FENOM

FENOM New Member

Shawn,

Training is going well and I'm learning alot. Yes, Guro Jun is an incredible source for FMA and I am lucky and feel privilaged to be able to learn from him. Also his students and the atmosphere makes for a great training environment.

Nice to hear from you and hope your seminar goes well!