hello from Eastern CT

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by RevDogo, Jun 22, 2010.

1. RevDogo

RevDogo New Member

hello from Northeast Connecticut

My introduction to FMA began in a JKD school in Rhode Island. Then I started to see Dan Inosanto video clips and from then on I was hooked. I have not taken an official class, but I own several videos and my daughter and I practice what we see on the videos. On this side of Connecticut I have not seen any, FMA schools. Most recently, I have been practicing in a kenpo dojo and the footwork I have been practicing from JKD concepts, and FMA have helped a great deal. Also the heaven six drill has made my hands a bit faster than they would have been had I not been practicing. My 10-year-old daughter is getting the hang of it and has been my biggest help in studying the FMA. I know that sounds funny, but she is my only training partner in Arnis.

The videos that I use the most to train Arnis and Kali have been Dynamic Fighting Arts, Filipino Kali by Sifu David Seiwert and videos made by Sifu Raffi Derderian Jr.

2. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

Welcome to the forum. There are some great schools in CT and MA - although you may have to travel a bit to find them. My 10 year-old daughter usually kicks my butt (no inhibitions....).

Best,

Steve

3. kempo

kempo Junior Member

Hi Revdogo,

Depending on where you are in Connecticut, I have a school in Bethel, CT and Ron K. has a school in Waterbury where he teaches Pekiti Tersia and LaCoste- Inosanto blend comes highly recommended. Or a simple google search will do :)

George

4. RevDogo

RevDogo New Member

I live in Eastford CT 40 minutes from Providence RI. Most of the schools I see are on the west side of CT. The closest to me is Sifu Derderian but it got too expensive between tuition and travel.

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome! Good luck!

6. RevDogo

RevDogo New Member

It would be nice to go back to a school that offered JKD/Kali but 1 hour 40 minutes is just too much travel time for me.

7. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

8. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Hello from from southern New Hampshire :)

9. RevDogo

RevDogo New Member

I am/we are growing as a small group in North East CT with my daughter, a buddy, my brothers, and every now and then my wife are working DFA Kali Kutaw, Kan Shu Kenpo and Kempo (Villari forms..yes I'm sorry I said villari....lol)

10. kaliman

kaliman New Member

Hi Revdogo, We have a good school about 20 minutes from where you live (about?) It is in North Kingstown, Rhode Island. It's right off of route 4 north. I see that Ihommedeiu had posted our website , thanks Ihommedeiu :) Just go to the website for more information and phone number @ http://www.fcaa-ri.com/ . Hope to hear from you.