Hello All!

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by ChrisFry, Apr 12, 2006.

1. ChrisFry

ChrisFry New Member

He Everyone!

My name is Chris Fry and I am in Utica, NY. I have been studying the FMA for a few years and really love the Filipino and Indonesian Arts. Its great to find a forum directed specificly toward FMA! I look forward to all the reading and learning I have to do here.

Regards,
    Chris

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome! Many years ago I attended Syracuse U. If there was any FMA in the area then, I was not aware of it!

3. ChrisFry

ChrisFry New Member

I graduated from the Health Science Center at Syracuse in 1992 and there was an old Filipino man who taught in the common room of my dorm every once in awhile. I inquied once about the class but the student I asked was very short with me so I did not pursue it thinking he was a jerk and so I did not want to be involved with them.

To this day I wonder who that guy was?

Anyway, there are a few individuals that teach FMA in the area but no formal schools unfortunatley.

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I finished in 1985, having studied Goju-ryu and Iaido on Euclid Ave. If only I had known about this 'secret' source!

5. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

Greetings

Hey Chris,

We've met, briefly, at one of Tuhon McGrath's seminars in Fishkill. My sister is a Syracuse University alumnus; I went to school in Geneva, NY, which is about an hour away.

Best,

Steve Lamade

6. ChrisFry

ChrisFry New Member

HEY STEVE!

I remember. Have heard a lot of great things about you from Wes! Im looking forward to your SM/PT DVD release.

hope to see you again soon.

Chris

7. ChrisFry

ChrisFry New Member

Arnisador, what was the Sensei's name at that dojo? If I recall it was a traditional school and very nice dojo.

8. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Vinson Grace. He taught at the time from Euclid Community Open House, a short walk from the University. Great teacher!