Guro Benjamin "Jun" pueblos

Discussion in 'Lameco' started by Guro Dave Gould, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Guro Dave Gould

Guro Dave Gould LAMECO ESKRIMA SYSTEM

Pat OMalley,

Hello, I hope that all is well and that you are keeping challenged by your daily training.

Sorry for the delay in responding to your last response but I have been considerably busy as of late. Now for my response, you wrote:

>>> I will have to check my calendar and finances, I would love to meet up with you and see how LAMECO developed, it always intreged me which is one of the reasons I was arranging for the Great Edgar Sulite to visit the UK. Maybe one day you will visit the UK to? <<<

Great! just let me know. Just to clarify you would only need to cover your flight and accomodation, as you would not be charged anything to attend the event. You are more than welcome to attend as one of my guests.

Actually Pat I have spent quite a bit of time in the UK over the years, I was just in Edinburgh and Glasgow in March 2008. My family left the UK 15 generations ago in 1608 for the newly formed "Jamestown Colony" and we have been here (Across the pond) ever since. In all honesty I have gone to great lengths to research my family lineage there in England and the rest of the UK. So I am quite often there from year to year.

>>> "I have a mission to try to get "Jun" out in the public eye more and on the seminar schene as I feel he should be out there sharing his vast knowledge, he is truely an un-discovered treasure of the FMA here in the UK and 99% of the FMA population here have no idea who he is or what skills he posses." <<<

I strongly agree and I feel as well that Guro "Jun" Pueblos needs to be more in the public eye as he represents a part of Lameco Eskrima that very few have knowledge of; its infancy. Having him out more in public view would be beneficial for both himself and Lameco Eskrima alike.

I am trying to get him to Spain to work with one of my groups there and to Berlin to work with my German representative and his students. it would be great if both you and Guro "Jun" could make it to Spain when I am there in February so that I could make the required introductions in person.

As well I will talk with Alfredo Tucci of Budo International to see if maybe we could get Guro "Jun" a DVD deal similar to the one that I have. It would not generate great dividends money wise but the international exposure would be a great way to make people the world over familiar with who Guro "Jun" Pueblos is and what he represents. This would open up quite a few opportunities for him if he is willing to invest a little time to make it happen.

If you could speak with him about this and get his thoughts on the matter I would gratly appreciate it Pat. Go well, ciao.

Regards,
    Guro Dave Gould

2. gagimilo

gagimilo Member

Ah, it's nice to see people really trying to make good things happen to others...not really a frequent phenomenon these days!

3. Catman

Catman Junior Member

Hi guys,

I was the first person here in UK who trained privately and organized a seminar in London with PG Jun Pueblos and I must say his knowledge is AMAZING.
    It will be great to see Master Jun doing open seminars here in UK and Europe as he is truely an outstanding eskrimador.

Last time when I talked to him(and that was a while ago) he was quite busy with his newborn and other familly commitments..Hope things have settled down and he will have time to share his vast knowledge with us.

All the best,

Cat
    London Arnis Group
    De Campo 1-2-3 Original

4. Catman

Catman Junior Member

5. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Brit with a stick

Hi All,
    It's is indeed great to see people comming together to make things happen and that is what it is all about, I think the British Council of Kali Eskrima Arnis Instructors as an organisation is also partially responsible for helping PG Jun come more out in the open.

I know he was busy with a new born a while ago but it has settled down a bit more now, he has been to two of our FMA Festivals so far and kindly visited me in Devon only a couple of months ago where we where discussing the best ways to get him out in the open, e.g. Web sites, teaching seminars and private lessons as he does not have a regular class venue.

I personally feel his best route would be to go down the private lesson and seminar route, I will talk to him before xmas as a matter of course anyway and will discuss even more with him the points brought up in this thread.

Guro Dave, please PM me the venue and dates again of your Spain seminar and I will seriously see what I can do. I know PG Jun can now travel across Europe now as he now has his British Passport as the lack of this was preventing him travelling in the past, he was permitted to work in the UK but because of his previous status could not travel, but all is well now.

I think a DVD is a good idea, as a matter of fact (my wife is going to hate me for this) My wife Lucy has her own Film Company 'Extremely Sharp Productions' she has already filmed and produced the first of my training DVD's and is in the process of completing 3 more with other Masters from the PI including GM Kano Canete and San Miguel Eskrima, GM Nick Elizar and Nickelstick Balintawak and Master Joe Borces with Eskrido.

Maybe the returns monetary wise would be better for PG Jun via Lucy's company. I think we would need someone to help structure the script though and to ensure the content is put out in the right order. No need for talking as we can do vioce overs after the footage is shot.

Hey Guro Dave, let me know next time your in Edinbrugh and Glasgow, I have guys in Edinbrugh who would love to train with you and of course PG Jun is in Glasgow. And to think you may have only been a short distance from him in the past, sods law eh!

Anyway if you want to private mail me we can talk more my e-mail is info@rapidarnis.com

Best regards Bro

Pat

6. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Brit with a stick

As a matter of fact lucy just reminded me that PG Jun took a copy and veiwed my DVD went he vistited me in Devon a short while ago and loved the way it was laid out and structured and said he would love to do one himself using the same format. But as I said I would need someone who is of a good Lameco background to help out with the scripting and to also partner PG Jun during filming as it would not come out too well if I partnered him as I have very little background knowledge of Lameco.

Any suggestions Guro Dave :wink3: :cool:

7. Catman

Catman Junior Member

Woow..a DVD with PG Jun...that'll be really amazing..Hope you can do it Pat.

Regards,

Cat

8. still lurking

still lurking New Member

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008