Greg Alland and PTK

Discussion in 'Pekiti-Tirsia Kali' started by krock1092, May 10, 2009.

1. krock1092

krock1092 New Member

Does anyone know or trained with Mas Guro Greg Alland based in New York City? He teaches SinaTirisaWali Kali Silat which he says includes the complete Pekiti-Tirsia Kali system. His website gives little information on the history or development of his system or his background.

I am considering joining one of his training groups so I'm checking here for information first.

Kevin

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

His username here is MasterKaliSilat.

I met him at a Jerson Tortal seminar once. Mr. Alland is very fast and very intense! If you search the site you'll find more about him.

3. Mr Alland is not, and has not been, a member of any Pekiti Tirsia based organization since he was asked (By Grand Tuhon Gaje) to leave in 1986.

To allow this topic on this (PTGO) section of FMA talk risks provoking a storm of negative replies.

Whether you have met him or not is incidental to his knowledge of Pekiti Tirsia. Most of the real PTK seniors in NYC had not yet completed their training by 1986 so his claim to the whole system is ludicrous. The small amount that he has put out on video shouts that truth from the roof tops.

I will stop now, before I say something that will get me banned.

Tuhon Philip Gelinas
    Pekiti Tirsia Kali

4. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

Agreed - there's no point in flogging a dead horse. Negative discussion should be flagged, and the thread closed, if necessary, since no one wants to read about this stuff anymore, IMHO.

Kevin,

That said, Greg Alland and GT Gaje were once close but parted on acrimonious terms. Greg can certainly teach you something about PTK but there are, (in my opinion), other teachers that have just as much to offer. Google the following and you're off to a good start:

Simon Burgess (5 Points Fitness - PTGO)
    Agapito Gonzalez (One of Tom Bisio's old students)

PM Phil (or me) and you might get some perspective on the matter. The choice of instructor is ultimately yours, however.

Best,

Steve Lamade

5. krock1092

krock1092 New Member

Steve thanks for the info I hope that I didn't open any old wounds here If so I apologize to all members of this forum group. I've have good things about Simon Burgess and Agapito Gonzalez. I'll check them both out as well.

Kevin

6. Laring

Laring New Member

If Master Greg Alland has never been a memeber of any Pekiti Tirsia organisation, why Grand Tuhon Gaje brought him to the 1st Eskrima Open Tournment in 1979 together with Tom Bisio?
    What was GT Gaje teach at that time?

7. I said,
    Mr Alland is not, and has not been, a member of any Pekiti Tirsia based organization since he was asked (By Grand Tuhon Gaje) to leave in 1986.

Laring said,
    "If Master Greg Alland has never been a memeber of any Pekiti Tirsia organisation, why Grand Tuhon Gaje brought him to the 1st Eskrima Open Tournment in 1979 together with Tom Bisio?"

Answer,

Because 1979 precedes 1986. At that time they were associated.

Tuhon Philip Gelinas
    Pekiti Tirsia Kali

8. Kyushinryu

Kyushinryu New Member

I'm Curious, When was this picture at the end of this photo page taken?
    I believe it was 95 or 96. There are alot of notables in the pic.

The last pic on the page (misc. Phil. pic)
    http://kyushinryu.net/ukkjfarchivedphotos.html

9. Kyushinryu

Kyushinryu New Member

10. MasterKaliSilat

MasterKaliSilat New Member

Greg Alland, Pekiti Tirsia's SinaTirsiaWali

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 11:56 PM
    To: P. Greg Alland
    Subject: RE:Response Dear Greg, Greetings,
    Thanks for your e-mail.I wish you also good health and many more years of your dedications will be rewarded in due time.
    You have all the reason to communicate directly to me because between you and me we had the beginning and that beginning was not enjoyed by anybody. Whatever,
    the result of many years of absence, the foundation of our relaltionship was more than anything else. Actually, many got jealous of you because they wanted to get close to me as you were close to me. Billy had this notion that he can be close to me to grab the opportunity, but that is not the end of the philosphy and the culture which is ours.
    Actually greg,we have no differences, it is just because of some greed that comes between us that made someone took the opportunity. No matter what you do the elements of the things you do comes back to me and that is the thing you cannot forget neither i will disown that. As a matter of fact the pekiti tirsia Germany/ Europe is
    the fruit of your labor and the blade fighters, Guild of Tom Sotis. So, remember that when things are to be reckoned with, what ever happens we can still continue
    our relationship like the old, old days. We are already matured and responsible enough to realize that forgiveness is the price of happiness and of course your skill to propogate the art as an FMA must be recognized.
    This Novemebr is the biggest event in the Philippines. Now the government recognize the importance that the art will help the economy of the country and because of this we spearhead the movement by having the WORLd KALI GRANDCHAMPIONHIP, SPONSOREDBY THE PHILIPPINE GOVERNMENT, DEPT. OF TOURISM , ARMED FORCES OF THE PHILIPPINES AND THE PHILIPPINE SPORTS COMMISSION. I want you to be present because the President of the Philippines and the many dignitaries will attend the event. Tom Sotis will be the Chairman of the Knifefighting division. Awards will be given and promotions will be given personally by the President of the Philippines. Her Excellency Gloria M.Arroyo and the SEc. of Tourism Richard Gordon.
    You come because I will present to you your official authority of the SINATIRSIAWALI and your special award for the 30 years of hard achievement in the promotion of the FMA. I have the power to elevate your credibility so that the world will recognized you as the true master of the art.You know Greg it is about time that you can lead the changes in the UNited States in so far as the true practices of the art.
    Because of your ability to encourage people and your skill to win friends and influence people. Sooner we will be in the world sports, and I want you to be with
    me wherever and whenever we make the world go round.If I can bring others to go with me into the highestpedestal of achievements, why can't I bring you when
    had made sacrifices with me in new York and many places. I only want people who can stand before anyone and fight. One thing you will not find Billy
    under my blessings.
    So, let me know your plans and your plkan to bring people and I will accomodate you. But i want you todirectly deal with me and nobody else.
    My best reagards and God Bless.
    GRandtuhon Gaje

11. MasterKaliSilat

SinaTirsiaWali

----Original Message-----
    Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 11:56 PM
    To: P. Greg Alland
    Subject: RE:Response Dear Greg, Greetings,
    Thanks for your e-mail.I wish you also good health and many more years of your dedications will be rewarded in due time.
    You have all the reason to communicate directly to me because between you and me we had the beginning and that beginning was not enjoyed by anybody. Whatever,
    the result of many years of absence, the foundation of our relationship was more than anything else. Actually, many got jealous of you because they wanted to get close to me as you were close to me. Billy had this notion that he can be close to me to grab the opportunity, but that is not the end of the philosophy and the culture which is ours.
    Actually Greg,we have no differences, it is just because of some greed that comes between us that made someone took the opportunity. No matter what you do the elements of the things you do comes back to me and that is the thing you cannot forget neither i will disown that. As a matter of fact the Pekiti Tirsia Germany/ Europe is
    the fruit of your labor and the blade fighters, Guild of Tom Sotis. So, remember that when things are to be reckoned with, what ever happens we can still continue
    our relationship like the old, old days. We are already matured and responsible enough to realize that forgiveness is the price of happiness and of course your skill to propagate the art as an FMA must be recognized.
    This November is the biggest event in the Philippines. Now the government recognize the importance that the art will help the economy of the country and because of this we spearhead the movement by having the WORLd KALI GRANDC HAMPIONHIP, SPONSORED BY THE PHILIPPINE GOVERNMENT, DEPT. OF TOURISM , ARMED FORCES OF THE PHILIPPINES AND THE PHILIPPINE SPORTS COMMISSION. I want you to be present because the President of the Philippines and the many dignitaries will attend the event. Tom Sotis will be the Chairman of the Knife fighting division. Awards will be given and promotions will be given personally by the President of the Philippines. Her Excellency Gloria M.Arroyo and the SEc. of Tourism Richard Gordon.
    You come because I will present to you your official authority of the SINATIRSIAWALI and your special award for the 30 years of hard achievement in the promotion of the FMA. I have the power to elevate your credibility so that the world will recognized you as the true master of the art.You know Greg it is about time that you can lead the changes in the UNited States in so far as the true practices of the art.
    Because of your ability to encourage people and your skill to win friends and influence people. Sooner we will be in the world sports, and I want you to be with
    me wherever and whenever we make the world go round.If I can bring others to go with me into the highest pedestal of achievements, why can't I bring you when
    had made sacrifices with me in new York and many places. I only want people who can stand before anyone and fight. One thing you will not find Billy
    under my blessings.
    So, let me know your plans and your plan to bring people and I will accommodate you. But i want you to directly deal with me and nobody else.
    My best regards and God Bless.
    Grand Tuhon Gaje

12. Well, good golly, doesn't that beat all.

13. selfcritical

selfcritical New Member

Hrm. That email has a suspiciously correct usage of punctuation and capitalization.

14. Combative Edge

Combative Edge New Member

God I hate the political BS.. I try to stay out but sometimes it's tough.

1. Greg, it is completely disrespectful to post a private email on a public forum like this. It's about as disrespectful as how you own the domain name of pekititirsia.com and it redirects you to your sinatirsiakaliwali or whatever the F you call it.

2. I have seen the "real" email and you did some editing. So, not only is this disrespectful but it is also a lie.

3. Why don't you post the email of Grandtuhon asking you to fight in the Philippines about 2 years ago?

15. Stone

Stone New Member

Lol. That's the first thing that ran through my mind.

16. nikkyo

nikkyo New Member

I have a question?
    I had read this letter sometime last year back in 2010 on the internet. I then personally met Grand Tuhon at a seminar.
    My question is that from the way Grand Tuhon speaks, I don't think he actually wrote this letter. Am I wrong? Can someone who is familiar and knows Grand Tuhon tell me different?
    Did Tuhon really write this letter to Greg Alland?
    If Tuhon did not write this letter why would Greg Alland post a fraudulent letter?
    If Tuhon did write this letter then my apologies to Greg Alland.

17. LegendLoLo

LegendLoLo New Member

I say close the thread immediately before a spark plugs in.

18. MasterKaliSilat

It's amazing what people say about me, without ever knowing. For example, I trained under Leo Gaje, Jr. from 1974 and my training was more private and one on one, when he came to my office we worked on learning the system of Pekiti Tirsia, and developing the process of promoting Kali Silat's Pekiti Tirsia. As he wanted me to be the president of the company I refused, and I told Leo Gaje I would do whatever he needed me to do but let someone else be president, as I know a first president usually quits at some point and I was in this for the long term, since 1974 to now. Many resent my being a part of Pekiti Tirsia, and GM Leo and I renamed what I do as SinaTirsiaWali. Which I found is more accurate to what we do. Everything is sinawali, (meaning weaving) of any and all combinations. Sinawali is what we all do, SinaTirsiaWali is what I call the system of Pekiti Tirsia, derived from Dekiti Tirsia, and now to SinaTirsiaWali. Furhermore it's amazing that those that usually don't practice are the first to speak up about what others are doing, perhaps they think they get better by talking about others. Want more proof, see the fights we had with Leo Gaje, jr. and Dan Inosanto watching. Search Youtube.com and put in Greg Alland. - Still practicing and teaching in Bradenton FL.

19. MasterKaliSilat

Mr. Alland was the first promoter of Pekiti Tirsia under the guidance of Leo T. Gaje, Jr, back in 1974 - So many people where jealous it was a burden, and Leo said it's great with all this talk the publicity helps us to develop the system. And of Pekiti Tirsia that with his guidance changed what I was doing to SinaTirsiaWali, which is world-wide, and works the same 64 attacks of the system. And furthermore, I have a letter of thanks from the Great Grand Master Leo T. Gaje, Jr. to prove it so. Yet even today there are many that would do well to understand that putting someone else down doesn't put them up. Try practicing everyday as do I, although I have missed a few days here and there, there are others that I have trained in this system that are now better then I. Master Denis Ocampo from Va.Beach VA for one, he now takes my sick. Good luck in practice, it's the only way to learn, and would help those that are frustrated more then what they think is the truth when putting other down, it won't help you, but it does help me. As grand tuhon once said, "Greg it's a way to generate more publicity, and it's true. To this day people that usually talk bad about others lack the practice to grow and develop, because nothing can replace the daily practice that I and some students that have gotten much better then I have done so, ONLY BECAUSE OF THEIR PRACTICE! AND MASTER DENNIS OCAMPO IS A GREAT EXAMPLE, he now can stop me. Because it doesn't matter what you say, or what I say! It only matters "Can I stop you, or can you stop me!? Keep practicing and learn more, more talk, usually means less practice. regards : Greg Alland www.KaliSilat.org

20. MasterKaliSilat

Yes Grand Tuhon did write the letter. It is as I have stated below, he wanted more publicity. As for the fight in Cebu, I heated my self for leaving that, I was appalled of the laughing from everyone. The first international tournament was not well presented. People in Cebu are the main groups that developed the system and fighting didn't include so much gear at the time. But in going public it was sad, there was not the control of fighting and in Cubo the real was was without gear. As it is for us here. But we don't want anyone hurt so we use a head gear, and groin cup. Come and work with us and see what it's all about, I'm here in Bradenton Fl, and anyone is welcome. Sagi tak, nonsagi tak. Meaning don't be all talk and no action!!