Greeting's

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by AbanicO, Nov 23, 2005.

1. AbanicO

AbanicO New Member

Hi to all!:)

My name is Peter I'm new to the list.

I have been doing martial arts formally for 12 years.

My MA Background is in Combat Aiki-Jujitsu and SIKARAN (Foot Fighting style).

I am currently experimenting with Caburnay's Arnis Lapunti.

I am more interested in the FMA and Tim Hartman's application in real
    combat ('cuase I realy like his FMA style). I'm looking forward to learn some FMA tips from this site. Thanks and more power...!

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome! I don't think I'm familiar with Arnis Lapunti.

3. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

Welcome aboard!

4. bart

bart New Member

It's also known as Lapunti Arnis de Abaniko (or Abanico). Lapunti is an acronym for LA(bangon) + PUN(ta Princessa) + TI(sa), which are all areas in Cebu City. Like Abanico pointed out, their GM is Ondo Caburnay. The founder was Filemon Caburnay.

I had a chance to see a demonstration in Cebu and talk to some practitioners. It's good stuff and they have some very interesting and intricate footwork.

5. Sheldon Bedell

Sheldon Bedell New Member

welcome to the forum. If you haven't already please visit the Sikaran section and let us know who you study with and a little about your school

6. AbanicO

AbanicO New Member

I think you already know WSABP - GM Col. Militon Geronimo, He's my Master/Teacher since 1980's.

7. AbanicO

AbanicO New Member

Correction! 1990's

8. Sheldon Bedell

Sheldon Bedell New Member

Please post some of GM Geronino's backgroud and history in the Sikaran section. Also let us know what forms you do and a little about your training please.