Greetings from San Antonio Texas :)

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by KaliJuan, May 26, 2008.

1. KaliJuan

KaliJuan New Member

How's it going Friends? John Laurel here, born and raised in SA-town and have been in Martial Arts for almost 25 years. 10 years ago, I was rolling with some of the best in my training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu but after training with a buddy of mine who had a great deal of background in JKD, Kali, and his years of Military training, my focus changed dramatically from Sport to Self-Defense. So I have been training in JKD and Kali and have even become a member of the Dog Brothers Martial Arts Inc.

I am looking forward to learning, sharing ideas and thoughts and just shooting the breeze with good people. I have been a lurker on here for some time and finally got some free time to get myself registered.

Take Care and Thanks for this Awesome Forum!!!!

- J

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome! My son, a Modern Arnis black belt, is heading to San Antonio for college in the fall (Trinity U.).

3. Topeng

Topeng New Member

Good to see another person from S.A. on here. Welcome. Give us a shout whenever you have the itch to train.

4. StixMaster

StixMaster -== Banned ==-

Welcome !

5. selfcritical

selfcritical New Member

Where are you training?

6. KaliJuan

KaliJuan New Member

Hola Friends and thanks for the welcome here :)

Arnisador and Topeng - I am definitely interested in training with more people, I always feel that you can never stop learning and I come from a group where we are about learning from anyone and everyone so I will definitely be sending PM's and soon.

Stixmaster - thank you for the welcome Bro - Glad to be here!

selfcritical - I have been training with my buddy James Walker through a training group we created known as TABMOC http://www.tabmoc.com/

We are garage group that formed in 2001 and we've had some evolutions through the years which included self-defense and MMA/Sport training. Now that there IS a massive explosion of MMA and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu schools here in SA, we're going back to the roots of self-defense / weapons / reality based of which I am looking forward to.

I am NOT a Sport Jiu-Jitsu or MMA fighter, I can coach it but have no desire to compete in it. So going back to practical applications and awareness drills is something I am glad to be back to . . .

Take Care Friends

- J

7. Topeng

Topeng New Member

Sounds great. Look forward to it.

8. Imua Kuntao

Imua Kuntao New Member

Do any of your group know Tim Ford?

9. KaliJuan

KaliJuan New Member

Greetings Imua Kuntao :) - I, personally don't know Tim but I will ask around during today's training session . . .

Take Care Friend

- J

10. Imua Kuntao

Imua Kuntao New Member

The reason I ask, Mr. Ford used to be a fight promoter and his son started a fight club thing. the club grew somewhat, I thought maybe you guys were an offshoot that grew from it.

11. KaliJuan

KaliJuan New Member

No sir, we are the joining on two garage crews from the late 90's, my training group was known as Darkside Jiu-Jitsu and James had Unlimited Fighting Options, James and I trained when he would come in to town while here for the Air Force, he finally got stationed here and TABMOC was formed.

Take Care :)

John

12. Nico2270

Nico2270 New Member

KaliJuan,

If you get the chance, you ought to check out Dustin Denson's school, River City Kali. Last time I was at Lackland, I went there and had a great time. Really a good group.

Nick

13. KaliJuan

KaliJuan New Member

Greetings Nick, I have seen Dustin's website and have been wanting to go check out a class, thanks for giving me some feedback on him and his group :)

Take Care Friend

- J

14. Imua Kuntao

Imua Kuntao New Member

I also would like to meet you guys in person by inviting you all to my little class at Lozano's Martial Art Studio on sat. afternoons at 1pm. you are welcome to come by anytime to check out the school.