Greetings from North Central IN

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by JeffJ, Apr 13, 2006.

1. JeffJ

JeffJ New Member

Hey everyone. I'm in the South Bend area of Indiana. Studied Kali for a little while years ago, but haven't been able to find anyone to train under since I moved from that area.

Recognize a lot of good people here from MT and hope to meed some new ones here.

Jeff

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome from Terre Haute! There have been some good seminars in Bloomington, but north of Indy all I know of is the Wetoskey Academy. They have had some good people in.

3. Tarot

Tarot New Member

:wavey: Welcome Jeff!

4. JeffJ

JeffJ New Member

Would love to study at the Wetoskey Academy. I'd be more than willing to make that drive. Unfortunately, my job keeps me on a short leash.

Jeff

5. sames

sames New Member

Happy Welcome from Lafayette! I gotta agree there isn't much north of Indy and certainly not as far north as South Bend (that sounds wrong somehow). Wetosky hold some good seminars. Mike Casto (impact academy) teaches in Muncie once per week I think. Over in Fort Wayne Kim Satterfield has the Midwest School of Eskrima (I think they do Serrada). I stumbled across a solid training group here in Lafayette but there's no actual "school".

6. JeffJ

JeffJ New Member

Thanks for the welcoms and the info sames. As far as groups down in Lafayette, isn't Hartwhich still teaching there? He did kind of a JKDsort of thing, but I found his kali/escrima to be top notch. Also it was right by a wonderful chinese resturaunt that was run by one of the nicest ladies I've ever met.

Jeff

7. Kailat

Kailat KAILAT KOMBATIVES GROUP

FMA in INDIANA

Guru Mike Casto does come in and visit w/ me to train and teach w/ us (IMAA) once a month or when we can make it a reliable training session with us.

Also correct Guro Kim Satterfield also does teach in Fort Wayne. He is and was my Serrada teacher for the several years i lived in the fort. Great guy and good teacher if you can get in touch w/ him. He may know of some others in and or near you.

Wetoskey is another great MA teacher in the Waterloo, IN area just north of Ft Wayne about 30mins or so.

We (IMAA) are located in Muncie, and get together every Saturday morning. If your ever in our area or anyone for that matter and want to stop in and train feel free to let me know.
    you can email me at kailat@officer.com

thanks

Cory

8. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member