Greetings from Maryland, local schools?

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by UncleB, Sep 7, 2010.

1. UncleB

UncleB New Member

Hi, all,

Just moved to Maryland, a bit closer to DC than Baltimore. I've studied at an Inosanto-syle school or two, and Modern Arnis. There have to be FMA instructors within 30-60 miles, but my searching so far hasn't turned up any place that still exists. How about a bit of guidance for an old duffer looking for some hard training? I don't really care what style as long as it's authentic.

Thanks,

UncleB

2. tkdbadass

tkdbadass New Member

3. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  4. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Member

There are literally dozens of qualified FMA teachers in the Maryland/DC/Northern Virginia area. You've hit the jackpot.

I attended the Kick Connection (Doce Pares) for many years. Also studied Inosanto Kali with a JKD/Kali teacher in Maryland (of which there are several now). And have been training with a Modern Arnis group in Alexandria for the past few years (again, of which there are several).

If you felt like getting more specific about where in Maryland you are, I could probably point you to some local options. I can think of a few at the DC end of Maryland.

Stuart

5. trubblman

trubblman New Member

In case u are still looking Pekiti Tirsia classes every Saturday at Victory Martial Arts in Columbia