Greetings from Mark

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Boar Man, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Boar Man

Boar Man New Member

Hello everyone

I started in the martial arts 25 years ago (this month) in an Americanized version of TKD, my first exposure to the FMA was in 83 through a guro Inosanto seminar and it changed the course of direction in the martial arts for me. I was fascinated and hooked in regards to the FMA, and although I continued in my studies of other systems along the more tradtional systems I always wanted to learn more about the FMA. I relocated to the DFW area and started taking lessons in JKDC kali (Inosanto blend) under an instructor but in 94 I met Hock Hochheim and he introduced me to the Presas brothers GM Remy and GM Ernesto. I studied his blend of their systems as well as both of their seperate systems Modern Arnis and Kombatan.

Over the years I have tried to widen my view of the FMA and in time Modern Arnis particualy by attending various seminars of some of the top FMA instructors just to see what is out there. I consider myself an eternal student and look forward to learning from everyone on this board.

Mark (Boar Man)

2. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

Welcome aboard!

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome! Glad to have you here!

4. Palusut

Palusut -== Banned ==-

Welcome!!!