Greetings from Manila

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by itangseryo, Jun 15, 2006.

1. itangseryo

itangseryo New Member

Hi all:

I'm ItangSeryo and I started training in Balintawak November of last year under Bob Silver Tabimina. GM Bob has three groups of students here in the place where I work (where we have a company sanctioned martial arts club offering taekwondo, boxing, and muay thai training among others). We have twice a week one-on-one sessions with GM Bob and just to share an interesting bit of info, aside from us men, we have at least seven ladies enrolled in one of the three available classes (most of whom are now intermediate students, a couple being converts from taekwondo).

I hope to learn much from this forum and look forward to participating in the discussions if and whenever I can.

best,
    ItangSeryo

2. Guru Jim

Guru Jim New Member

Welcome to the forum.

3. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

4. ekezstkz

ekezstkz New Member

Hello and Welcome!

5. James Miller

James Miller Member Supporting Member

Welcome!

6. Joe

Joe New Member

Welcome to the site!

PS Do you know CRISPIN M ASINAS JR> respectfully yours JOEJ

7. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome!

8. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

Welcome.

9. itangseryo

itangseryo New Member

Dear all, thank you for the warm welcome.

Dear Joe, I have not met Mr. Asinas, Jr personally...is he also a student of Bob? if so, he may belong to one of his classes being held in Wack-wack.

best,
    ItangSeryo

10. Joe

Joe New Member

Hello ItangSeryo,
    Crispin m asinas jr. was founder and chief instuctor of Doshin kai dojo. Luzon Island P.I. He was my first Inst. from 1964-1967. He was heavyweight karate champion in 1965 and went Japan for the finals. I have been unsucessful finding imformation on him. Someone must remember him.
    your friend in the martial arts JOEJ