Greetings from Ireland

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Apatride, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Apatride

Apatride New Member

Hello,

I have discovered Escrima (Kombatan) 2 months ago and enjoying a lot what I have learned in this time.
    Even if I am still a beginner and don't have much skills, I have already noticed that working with the sticks has some effects on me "every day" life regarding balance, coordination... And even more important, I find it very fun and entertaining, I really love this !

I practice in Cork, Ireland, there are not many escrimadors here so it is not easy to practice often, it is difficult too to get a proper idea of my skills but the more I practice, the more I see my teacher warming up and the more I understand how far I am from mastering this Art and how much fun and learning are still on my way !

The main reason I join this forum today is to be allowed to ask a question regarding training material, as I said, I can not practice much here and it is sometimes a bit difficult to remember a specific Sinawali once the class is finished so I am looking for some videos showing techniques and Sinawali in order to use them as reminders so I can remember the techniques theory and focus on proper execution during my 1 hour weekly class with my teacher.

I have posted this question here : http://www.fmatalk.com/showthread.php?6129-GM-Presas-DVD-s

I will, of course, have lots of other questions over time but I am going to spend some time reading the forum before asking.

Thank you.

Regards from Ireland.

Sam

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome!

We hear over here about traditional Irish stick-fighting...how is that viewed there? People always lament that the FMAs are not as popular in their homeland as they should be!

3. Apatride

Apatride New Member

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, I had not been notified by email (I must check my settings).
    To be honest, I discovered Irish stick fighting only because I was looking for more information regarding Escrima.
    Irish stick fighting does not seem popular at all here and when people talk about "stick fighting", they usually refer to Escrima.

4. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Hi welcome to FMATalk!