Greetings from Germany

Discussion in 'Serrada' started by tibo, Dec 21, 2012.

1. tibo

tibo New Member

Hello everyone,

unfortunately the participation in this forum seems to be low, but nevertheless I hope to come into contact with serradores close to the origin of Angel Cabales's art. I'm a practitioner of the art since 2009. In Germany there are three lineages of Serrada, namely Inayan, Tacosa, Davis. I am from the Tacosa "branch".
    Learning Serrada from a talented teacher, who was instructed by a direct student of Tacosa, I never came into contact with one of the original masters, but perceived my instructions as conclusive and efficient. One of the main advantages of the system in my point of view is, that one learns to move their body (body-mechanics) efficiently. Step by step coordination and body perception is improved, which is important since a lot of people don't know how to use their body anymore.

Due to work-related reasons I had to move away from my instructor and in order to maintain a regular exercise I decided starting instructing. This improved my understanding of the art a lot, but still there are questions left and looking for answers is hard. Travelling to Stockton is because of the financial situation not possible, also I am not sure how open the masters will be to foreigners. With this forum I hope to come into discussion with practitioners of the art, who can help to improve my understanding of Cabales Serrada Escrima.

Regards,
    Tino

PS: we also may get into contact via my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cabales-Serrada-Escrima-Wallersdorf/283203915077872

PPS: merry Xmas to everyone

2. Charlie

Charlie New Member

Hello,
    Sorry that I havent been on to answer this sooner I was at a training for work that took a few weeks so I was out of town and did not have access to the internet as much as I wanted. I train with GrandMaster Vincent Cabales which is GrandMaster Angel Cabales eldist son, I have trained with him for about 12 years and am working on getting my Masters degree we are always accepting of people visting stockton and working out with them. About a year ago some people from Germany came by and worked out with us they were from the Inayan Group also if I remeber correctly. Come by and ask if you have any questions.