GM Yuli Romo Pisaw Knife

Discussion in 'Gear Talk!' started by eskrimakaliarnis.com, Jan 19, 2009.

1. They're so beautiful I had to share :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Very limited as they are hand-made by GM Yuli in the time between when he is teaching and practicing (that's not a lot of time!).

Quite unique aluminium trainers as I'm sure you'll agree. These pictures are a sneak preview really as he plans on making a series of 2 designs every year. Currently they are not on general sale.

I am also pushing him to make an instructional video using the knives.

I might be able to get him to make up an order of ten knives + for your group if anybody is interested. Please PM for further details.

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Beautiful!

3. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Very nice!

4. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Now I call that a knife.. Probably would look even better if your pande made operational versions of it.. Hint Hint. I like the way the handle comes around almost like the old S guard bowie knife.. I would most definitely be interested in one with either a pinute or guntining designed blade of about 7-9 inches length.. would make a good conversation piece for my people who go to the sand box and play with interesting weapons.. It might even start up a conversation here on island also.. Kamagong slabs for the handle and maybe even a clip point bowie blade out of forged carbon steel would be the first on my order

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  5. Thanks for your comments,

Bill - great points but unfortunately here we are constrained by the law. I feel that if we are able to send "Live" blades legally from the Philippines then Maestro will make a lot of money. Technically all packages sent from the Philippines have to be inspected at the post office. Even so much as a nail clipper is not allowed for customs purposes. I have contacted all the major carriers before trying to find a solution - Fed-Ex, DHL, USPS, etc, and then will not allow live blades sent through the mail.

That is why through my websites I concentrate on supplying the training blades only. I am aware that there are a few suppliers who send live blades from the Philippines but I have no idea how they are legally able to do this...