GM Federico "Fred" T Lazo

Discussion in 'Kombatan' started by Alex(ander Bautista Bayot France), Jan 22, 2010.

1. Just received the following from GM Lazo’s son, Ricky:

Hello Everyone,

For those of you who already knew, my dad has been battling with cancer for awhile now. This Sunday he had a stroke and has been unresponsive for a couple of days. Today his oxygen level had dropped low and he was transferred to the Special Care unit at Moffitt. This has been a very difficult time for our family, and this is something that is very painful to talk about at this time. I want to thank everyone for keeping him in your thoughts, and please keep him in your prayers.

Ricky Lazo

2. Please keep GGM Ernesto Presas’s compadre, GM Federico “Fred” T, Lazo, in your thoughts and prayers.

Per GGM the two of them spent countless hours in the early years going through hundreds of “what if” scenarios in H2H combat. Those sessions contributed greatly to the development of their own arts (Kombatan and Luzviminda Arnis). Although GM Lazo has his own martial arts organization, he is still an esteemed member of our organization (IPMAF) and a Grandmaster in Kombatan (promoted to 10th Degree and inducted into the WHFSC Hall of Fame by GGM Ernesto back in 2000).

3. Labantayo

Labantayo Junior Member

The Kansas City, Wichita, Joplin and Colorado groups have GM Lazo in our prayers. We have trained with GM Lazo many times and he is very generous with his knowledge and friendship.
    We wish his family the best through this trying time.
    Ingats GM Lazo.
    Shelley

4. Malmo

Malmo New Member

Just received message that GM Lazo has passed away. My heart is with his family.

GM Lazo was a humble and generous man that will be greatly missed.

5. Labantayo

Labantayo Junior Member

We at Kapatiran Mandirigma send our prayers to the Lazo family.

6. Mutt

Mutt New Member

RIP. Much respect, and my condolences to the family.

7. We, in IPMAF, and the entire FMA community lost a premier figure, leader, and friend with the passing of GM Federico "Fred" T. Lazo yesterday. It with extreme sorrow that I have to forward this note from from Ricky:

Hello Everyone,

My father has been battling with cancer for awhile now and last week he had a stroke and was unresponsive for several days. Yesterday morning he passed away. It's upsetting for me to have to relay this message to you all. Yesterday and the past couple of days have been difficult times for our family. I want to thank everyone for their support and prayers.

Once the service arrangements have been finalized for my father I will make sure to e-mail that information to everyone.

Ricky Lazo

8. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

9. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

God's speed...

10. Forwarding from Ricky:

My Father, Grandmaster Federico T. Lazo passed away on Monday, January 25th, 2010. A mass will be celebrated at 10:00 a.m., on Friday, January 29, 2010 at St. Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church with burial to follow at Trinity Memorial Gardens. A pot-luck reception will follow for family and friends, who wish to celebrate our father’s life.

Those who wish to send flowers may have them delivered to Stowers Funeral Home. Donations may be made to Moffitt Cancer Center Foundation (for Research) in his memory. Contributions can be made online at www.moffitt.org/giving or envelopes will be provided at the mass.

If you are travelling from out-of-town, please let us know, as we will provide more information about hotel accommodations.

St. Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church
    9724 Cross Creek Blvd.
    Tampa, FL 33647
    www.stmarktampa.org

Stowers Funeral Home
    401 West Brandon Blvd.
    Brandon, FL 33511
    www.stowersfh.com

Trinity Memorial Gardens
    12609 Memorial Drive
    Trinity, FL 34655

Reception (T.B.A.).

11. BATANGENYO

BATANGENYO New Member

Paalam Grandmaster Lazo.

Our condolences and prayers to his family.

Nagpupugay,

from Kombatan Italia

12. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Darth Vindicatus Supporting Member

Rest in Peace sir.

13. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

14. From Ricky Lazo:

After the burial, The Reception will be held at:

Myrtle Lake Baptist Church
    2017 Reigler Road
    Land O Lakes, FL 34639
    www.myrtlelake.org

Hotel Info:

For those traveling out of town, a block of rooms has been reserved at the Best Western (Summer Crest) in Wesley Chapel, FL, at a discounted rate of $53/night+tax. Contact information is provided below. To receive the discounted rate, please mention "Lazo Family."

Best Western Summer Crest
    5639 Oakley Boulevard
    Wesley Chapel, FL, 33544, United States
    (813) 345-2000

15. timagua

timagua New Member

nagbibigay galang

GM Lazo and his clan are in our thoughts.

Sumalangit nawa,

Timagua, on behalf of
    Original Arjuken Kombatan
    Sacramento, California
    GM Jose G. Paman, Chief Instructor

16. Markg

Markg New Member

We send our dearest condolences

to the family of Grandmaster Lazo

from

CCPKOMBATAN(Central Colleges of the Philippines), Branch of IPMAF headquarters Philippines