GM Bobby Taboada style

Discussion in 'Balintawak' started by longrange, Oct 24, 2008.

1. longrange

longrange New Member

Hi,
    Im looking to study Balintawak Arnis from GM Bobby's system and want to know if there is any empty hands,knife,stick and dager,sword material in his curriculum apart from the single stick?if there is ,can anyone help with informing to me of its movements and methods of play within the system and does the blade work centre around palakaw if there is any?

Thanks,
    Long Range.

2. Robert Klampfer

Robert Klampfer New Member

The curriculum centers around the use of the single stick. Empty hands skills are derived from the stick. There is no specific sword or dagger material in the curriculum.

Robert

3. fangjian

fangjian Jo Dong

I see GM Bobby Taboada calls his system Balintawak Arnis Cuentada. I know he taught Teovel Balintawak. Is it a different style or system now?

4. Robert Klampfer

Bobby Taboada is from the lineage of Teofilo Velez, yes. He was not, however, part of the Teovel's organization. He had left the Philippines for New Zealand shortly before the formation of the Teovel's clubs with their color-coded chapter designations. Some people have incorrectly affiliated him with the Red Chapter.

Robert

5. teovel'sBalintawak

teovel'sBalintawak New Member

Even on Bobby Taboada’s absence he was honored and given the title to represent the Red Chapter under the Teovel’s Balintawak Arnis Group. He was like a son to Mr. Velez where he live, learned and trained for free. He was one of Mr. Velez’s early students in the 70’s who became one of the school instructors.

6. Robert Klampfer

Yes, he always speaks very fondly of those days and his time with the Velez family. A lot of the stories are very funny, too.

Robert

7. librarian

librarian New Member

Whereabouts in Europe are you? Perhaps the European Team might be of assistance: www.balintawakarnis.eu

regards

8. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

The site is down for maintenance, it says--but I'm encouraged to know there's a healthy Balintawak presence in Europe!

9. guillermo taboada

guillermo taboada New Member

Balintawak seminars

SEMINAR IN UNITED KINGDOM AND SPAIN IS COMING SOON IN MARCH 2009, DETAILS AT www.balintawak.co.uk I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS AGAIN,

MY SEMINAR VISITS TO AUSTRALIA IS IN OCTOBER AND NOVEMBER THEN HEAD TO THE PHILIPPINES. DETAILS WILL BE POSTED SOON AT www.internationalbalintawak.com THE REST OF MY SEMINARS IN THE US WILL ALSO BE POSTED. THANK YOU.

GM BOBBY TABOADA

10. Phil Mar Nadela

Phil Mar Nadela New Member Supporting Member

GM BOBBY TABOADA,

Is there any chance that you are passing by Alberta, Canada? If not when are you visiting Canada again? Bisitaha pud me diri sa edmonton kung naamoy panahon. Sorry if my Bisiya is rusty.[​IMG]

11. guillermo taboada

Visit

Master nadela,

wala pa gyud koy inbitasion diha sa alberta. I was invited one time by guro louie lindo when i was in vancouver but, it is snowing hard at that time. So maybe one day i will be there. Thank you for your post and hope to see you one day. Daghang salamat bay.

Gm bobby taboada

12. Phil Mar Nadela

Phil Mar Nadela New Member Supporting Member

Oy, Dile pa ko Master GM Bobby!
    I am still a student at least intermediate level. Kinahanglan bag Master and mag inbita ninyo para mag seminar?

Hopefully someday I will be able to train with you.

Phil

13. guillermo taboada

Visit

mr nadela,
    respect lang ko bay, sorry, anybody is allowed to invite me or to other gm. I wish i we will meet you one day and have a good talk in pilipino in cebuano. I missed it. Thank you bay.

Gm bobby taboada

14. carlrabanes

carlrabanes New Member

Is there a Balintawak Instructor in Makati having Bobby Taboada's Style? Please let me know...

15. guillermo taboada

seminars

DECEMBER 13 SEMINAR WITH THE THREE TREASURES OF BALINTAWAK.
    VISIT nngbalintawak.com FOR FLYERS AND THE VENUE

16. fangjian

fangjian Jo Dong

Wow. That will be awesome.

17. fangjian

fangjian Jo Dong

GM Taboada,

This sounds like an incredible event, and I hope my wife will give me some time off, so I can attend.:)

It is always amazing when you can get instructors of this calibur in the same event. To whom ever is organizing this event, I would humbly ask you to consider that Sam Buot is not too far away. Also, I have learned that Sir Bobby Tabimina will be here in October as well. Imagine not three, but five of Balintawak's treasures in the same venue.