GGM Braulio T Pedoy & The House of Pain

Discussion in 'Pedoy's Derobio Escrima' started by Rapier, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Rapier

Rapier RHC

Just sharing some of the things that go thru my head when I teach Class. The Great Grand Master was not only a Master of Escrima he was infact a Master at inflicting Great Pain. For those of you lucky to have felt the pain first hand and those of you who have experianced it 2nd hand and those that will feel it in the future. GGM Pedoy had over 144 painfull locks that when applied would make you almost jump out of your skin. Guru Inosanto once said to me that they were the most intricate locks he had seen. To me of course I remember the PAIN. When I get a chance I will post some photos. They used to call me Dan the house of pain medina But to have felt the pain first hand from the Great man himself GGM that was the true house of pain. If you felt the pain let us know.

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

What was more intricate about his locks than, say, those of Eskrido?

Some might argue that "intricate" isn't clearly a good thing...simplicity is its own virtue!

3. StixMaster

StixMaster -== Banned ==-

That is what makes the joint locks unique, they are simple yet intricate at the same time and ever so effective, when Derobio man locks you its like an octopus. It really can't be explained , it has to be experienced is what I've been told. Every part of Derobio has a purpose.

4. Rapier

Rapier RHC

Simplicity of locks

True Simple is where its at, and that is what makes these locks so effective. They are so simple that the mind cannot grasp them. I remember asking the GGM Pedoy to please show us again because the eyes would see it but the mind could not. But as you practice you become familure with the techniques and you get to the point where you can apply these locks before the thought of applying one even occurs.

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I've had similar experiences in Modern Arnis! I do know how the locks can appear intricate once they're on but are arrived at by logical, simple maneuvers.

6. Mchief

Mchief New Member

Agaws

For every lock there is a key. GGM Pedoy was a master at countering locks and applying his own.

7. Rapier

Rapier RHC

Locks & Keys

How true that is I remember using a lock one time in class and GGM pedoy not only got out but recountered with a lock of his own that put pain on my wrists forarms and had me bent over backwards all at the same time and all he had to do was put a little pressure on his part and I would have broken like a little toy. Then he showed us how to get out of the lock to which we tought there was no way out GGM Pedoy was amazing, he was the Hudini when it came to locks.

8. The Phalanx

The Phalanx FMA's Frank Lucas

I didn't get the chance to get locked up by GGM Pedoy but got locked up by GM Ty a few times and trust me, they HURT!!!