Getting rid of lines!

Discussion in 'Board Support Issues' started by Mchief, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Mchief

Mchief New Member

I'm new to forums and for that matter to computors. I know, where have I been? Can anyone advise me on how to get rid of the red lines on my postings? And what I did wrong to get the lines?
    Thanks
    chief

2. blindside

blindside student

This happens to me as well. After someone leaves an underlined text, usually a hyperlink, as the last line of their post, the remainder of the thread is underlined in red.

It is pretty annoying, but only occurs once in a while, and apparently doesn't appear to everyone. For example, this thread:
    http://www.fmatalk.com/showthread.php?t=2425
    is underlined in red starting with post three.

Lamont

3. Mchief

Mchief New Member

Thank you very much

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I'm not getting that here, possibly because the post has been edited...but it does sound like a broken hyperlink issue, where a link was started with [url =] but never closed with [/ url] (spaces added to keep these from being interpreted). We can usually fix those--let a staff member know if you see one!

-Arnisador
    -FMAT Admin

5. blindside

blindside student

I still see them....

[​IMG]

6. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Ah, thanks! OK, I don't get it in FireFox but I do see it in IE. It looks to me as though the arcade hyperlink under the first post is remaining active and creating what looks like a link but doesn't go anywhere, though it's clickable.

This calls for someone smarter than yours truly. Patience, please, while see if any of the computer illuminati are back from GenCon yet!

-Arnisador
    -FMAT Admin

7. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Darth Vindicatus Supporting Member

Should be fixed

8. blindside

blindside student

Thanks!

9. Mchief

Mchief New Member

I tell you what this is great when members help each like this. I really appreciate the response. If any of you are in San Diego come see me. I will cook some good adobo.

10. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Although the Arcade awards shouldn't be trailing on the bottom like that. I'll dig in to this a bit more to see if I can clean that up.