Fyi

Discussion in 'Misc. Knife Arts' started by young blade, Jan 23, 2007.

1. young blade

young blade New Member

Hello eveyone! I just want to let you know that there is a new fma system in the philippines, specifically in Mandaluyong City...It's called Abenir Kali. I am one of it's students...I just got here in u.s. as an immigrant two months ago. For a brief background, it is named after it's founder Fernando "Bong" Abenir. His day job is a Physical Education instructor in Don Bosco Mandaluyong but his number one passion is Martial arts. Aside from having developed his own kali system, he is also a certified Nusantara Pencak Silat and jiu-jitsu (traditional) instructor. He also has students in kickboxing.

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

That's great! Is there a web site for the system?

3. DAMAG-INC

DAMAG-INC New Member

I can dig it.
    Are you a branch representative for the GM in the US?

4. Matt Lim

Matt Lim New Member

What FMA systems did he studied?

5. young blade

young blade New Member

He's also a former Kali Illustrisimo student. I can't remember the first instructor who handled him, but he was later accepted by GM Tony Diego due to recommendation of this instructor. Then he have attended a session under the remarkable GM "Tatang" Illustrisimo himself. He witnessed the art's founder first hand!

Well I'm not sure of his martial art training before he study KI. If I'm not mistaken, I think he also trained in modern arnis for a while.

6. young blade

young blade New Member

Some of my fellow students are already working on the website. For now we have a video at youtube...the founder is the one that demonstrate the techniques..

7. young blade

young blade New Member

8. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

youtube videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCZAeooDTYI

Best,

Steve Lamade

9. DAMAG-INC

DAMAG-INC New Member

10. young blade

young blade New Member

I will be glad to hear your reactions on the Abenir Kali video at youtube...just key in Abenir Kali.

11. JohnJ

JohnJ Senior Member

Aside from the frozen uke, I like his explosive and direct approach. Nothing overly fancy even with the knife. Nice!

12. young blade

young blade New Member

Thanks for the feedback..

13. young blade

young blade New Member

Hi guys, another abenir kali video has been apploaded to youtube, when you have time please do check it out and feel free to send/post your comments/reactions there...

You're constructive criticisms would be a great help for our group. Thank you guys!

14. lordrommel

lordrommel New Member

hey young blade! sup bro? we have so much fun here and we really misses you. damn i never knew that this topic was posted here in fma talk. haha! you missed all the training we done here....i am learning now how to use spada y daga. it was difficult but its fun. hope we could have a reunion soon. take care out there! oh by the way we use blog right now for its functionality and user friendly approach. check our new site http://abenirkali.blogspot.com/

15. young blade

young blade New Member

Haha, ikaw pala yan, member ka na din pala, ayos lng ba ung announcement na ginawa ko? hehe lalo kang bumilis pare

16. young blade

young blade New Member

Nakita ko na 'yung site, that's good.

17. lordrommel

lordrommel New Member

astig nga e! i have to make some adjustment sa blog kasi medyo messy pa sya. we are planning to make another video for you! hope youll not gonna missed us badly.hahahaha! if anything you wanna ask about the training program feel free to ask me. am planning to log our every training session so as you can grasp some of the theories behind every techniques.hanggang sa muli and God bless you!

18. young blade

young blade New Member

cge bro..bagot na bagot na ko sa training hehe

19. young blade

young blade New Member

post ka naman ng bagong thread tungkol sa system natin hehe

20. lordrommel

lordrommel New Member

uhmmm i am very sorry for the late reply! you missed the fma picnic at up diliman. it was really good experience to know some people that are also studying fma...man i had the chance to talk to other practioneers of kali and silat. the muslim people who are studying the silat from mindanao are great...and they are friendly too. ive seen the barong for the first time and it was great.:D as for abenir kali we just show case in the fma picnic what we can do to give a fresh insite about our art. i hope someone could release the video taken up in up so you can see how sir bong beat me! hahahaha but it was hella a sparring in front of those great guys in the fma world. i hope youll have a sparring with sir bong...it was hella awakening to know that techniques are not learned through ages of drills but by trying it out in an actual sparring.