Fund raiser for one of our own

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by jregis, Apr 19, 2010.

1. jregis

jregis New Member

A good cause for a great teacher!!!!!

THIS IS A FUNDRAISING FOR BOBBY EDMONDS! A DEDICATED PRACTITIONER OF ESKRIMA AND SILAT.
    THE LAST FEW YEARS HIS BACK PROBLEM REFRAINED HIM FROM PRACTICING HIS LOVE OF THE ARTS.
    HE DECIDED TO SELL SOME OF HIS PERSONAL COLLECTION OF SILAT VIDEOS TO EARN SOME FUNDS FOR SURGICAL COST.

TO FIND OUT MORE PLEASE VISIT THIS SITE........http://sundasilat.blogspot.com/

THIS THE DVD REVIEW FROM STEVER PERRY SITE:
    http://themanwhonevermissed.blogspot.com/2010/04/sundanese-pencak-silat.html

2. silat1

silat1 Active Member

All.
    Bobbe Edmonds, a very good instructor and friend of mine is in need of back surgery as I just found out.. This is a fund raiser to help him get the funds together so he can get this done.. He is releasing private video footage from his training with Bambang Suwanda in Indonesia.. Bambang is the younger brother of the late Herman Suwanda who was the leading practitioner and instructor of Mande Muda silat.. I am announcing the release of a set of 6 dvds which outline the different systems that Bambang taught my friend. The description of the dvds is outlined in this link along with information to purchase them if interesed..

This is a once in a life time experience to be able to buy private footage of an instructor's training with one of the more reknown and recognized Penchak Silat instructor within the southeast asian martial arts community.. I can highly endorse this product as top notch and if purchased it will be something that you can use as reference material along with learning a little more about the mystical art of Penchak silat as taught by one of the world's best instructors.. Plus your money will be going for a good cause..

Thanks for your interest

http://sundasilat.blogspot.com/

3. Bill,

Is there (or can someone set up) a paypal link where we can make donations?

I've seen it done before and it would be good for collecting donations.

Simon.

4. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Will post it when I get back from work

5. Any paypal address yet?

Thanks Bill.

6. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Simon,
    I will post the address once I get off shift again.. Been chaotic here this week.. Here is the information on ordering and paypal address.

You can find the descriptions and ordering information HERE, or in the Sundanese DVD link to the right in my link bar. Individual DVD's are available for $55.00 apiece, or $225.00 for the entire set. DVD's are region-free, and will play in international DVD sets. Bear in mind, these are dual-layer DVD's, and may not play in their entirety on older player models.

All DVD orders are shipped priority mail, included in the price of the DVDs to anywhere in the United States and Territories. All international orders (non-US) are shipped Priority Mail as well, but with an additional $15.00 surcharge.

7. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Why does he need a fund to cover his back surgery?

8. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Carol,
    I'll answer this off line due to the info that I have at hand..

9. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Good luck!

10. kuntawguro

kuntawguro -== Banned ==-

The cost is insignificant to what you wil receive, 5 dvds at least 2 hours on each covering things you will never see unless you trained with Bambang Suwanda personally. I say- it is a good cause and it is a great value.

11. silat1

silat1 Active Member

I posted this request about a month ago.. Moderators, please tie the threads together

Thanks
    Bill

12. Carol

Your wish is my command. ;)

Threads merged.

13. silat1

silat1 Active Member

My thanks to the queen of the moderators.. I bow in your magnificence

14. Carol

Bow? None of that my friend. Lets spar instead.

I am interested in getting the DVDs, but I'm not able to do it right away. If they are still up for sale in late June, early July...

15. sneha

sneha -== Banned ==-

Your post gave me some nice new thoughts - a very solid read.

16. kuntawista

kuntawista New Member

Bobbe is a very skilled martial artist with a refreshing outlook on learning and application. These DVD's are an excellent learning tool for any martial arts aficionado. They give you an insight into a different system developed in a foreign culture without having to take a 14 hour plane ride across the big blue pond. When you buy these DVD's you are not only helping out a FMA friend, you're also buying a piece of cultural history.