Forums merged.

Discussion in 'Sikaran' started by Apollo, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Apollo

Apollo Administrator

We've merged the Arnis-Sikaran and Sikaran forums together.

2. Sheldon Bedell

Sheldon Bedell New Member

Good I thought this might happen as there seems to be little difference in them

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Is there another group that calls itself "Arnis Sikaran" (exactly) other than Bong Jornales'?

4. Sheldon Bedell

I belive the sign out side of Hari Osias c. Banaag"s school reads Sikaran-Arnis
    Quote from his site
    PHP:
     Delano and Bakersfield CAare lucky to have Banaag establish a Sikaran-Arnis Academy right in the heart of the cities.

also (from google)
    PHP:
    WORLD SIKARAN ARNIS BROTHERHOOD OF THE PHILIPPINESSIKARANTHE ORIGINAL GENUINE ART OF PILIPINO FOOTFIGHTINGCOLMELITON C.GERONIMO10th DEGREE REDBELTSIKARAN MASTERBARAS RIZAL PHILIPPINESSECREGNO28343

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I wonder if adding arnis to the name represents an attempt to use its broader name recognition, or to acknowledge adding additional weapons work from it, rather than being a traditional name? Mr. Jornales previously used the name Arnis-Kali Sipa-Sikaran for his system, but it included multiple influences.

6. Sheldon Bedell

I think it was to make it look less like TKD to those that used only the feet and legs at first,
    Also it grabs the attention of new people by seeming to offer more than one style under one roof
    I think the 2 schools of training go very well togeather