Forum Description.

Discussion in 'Dekiti Tirsia Siradas' started by arnisador, Apr 30, 2008.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I received this suggestion:

The DEKITI-TIRSIA SIRADAS systems primary focus is to rapidly close the distance on your opponent(s). Enabling practitioners of the system to finish the opponent(s) with superior close quarter / in fighting techniques. DEKITI-TIRSIA SIRADAS puts tremendous emphasis on footwork, body mechanics and hand manipulation. The system is divided into three basic strategies: attack, counter attack and counter the counter. The strategies are present in all DEKITI-TIRSIA SIRADAS techniques. Empty hand, impact weapons, bladed weapons, firearms, empty hand vs. empty hand and grappling. Making the system complete in every detail and the number or techniques limitless.

It's a bit long, I think...I might suggest this:

Dekiti-Tirsia Siradas focuses on rapidly closing the distance, enabling practitioners of the system to finish the opponent with superior close-quarter/in-fighting techniques. There is tremendous emphasis on footwork, body mechanicsm, and hand manipulation. The system is divided into three basic strategies: attack, counter attack, and counter the counter. Empty hand, impact weapons, bladed weapons, firearms, empty hand vs. empty hand, and grappling are all taught.

Suggestions?

2. NAGA

NAGA Member

Honestly.

Hello all,
    Honestly I like the longer version for the hyperbole and the shorter one for it berevity, Nervertheless the Midwest folks like the longer version....

Thanks,
    John

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I think it'd look awakward on the page being that long...just a matter of web page display stuff.

4. Dawn

Dawn New Member

DEKITI-TIRSIA SIRADAS focuses on rapidly closing in on your opponent(s) and finishing them off with superior close-quarter / in-fighting techniques. The system puts tremendous emphasis on footwork, body mechanics and hand manipulation. DEKITI-TIRSIA SIRADAS is divided into three basic strategies: attack, counter attack and counter the counter. The system is complete in every detail, using techniques that include empty hand, impact weapons, bladed weapons, firearms, empty hand vs. empty hand and grappling.

------
    Hi, I don't practice DTS, I just moonlight as an editor. Suggestion above, feel free to ignore/discard.

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  5. R. Mike Snow

R. Mike Snow Chiseled Edge

Thank you for your input Dawn,

I like the longer versions as well, but I have to agree, "there is just not enough room." So let's see if we can shorten it up a bit more.......... and see if we can still get the point across.

DEKITI-TIRSIA SIRADAS a blade oriented system, primarily focusing on footwork. Enabling the practitioner to rapidly close the distance in finsh the opponent(s). This system is has three basic strategies: attack, counter attack and counter the counter. Which are present in all techniques of the system, empty hand, impact and bladed weapons, firearms, empty hand vs. weaponry and grappling.

How about a final vote?

6. R. Mike Snow

Oops, typo!

DEKITI-TIRSIA SIRADAS a blade oriented system, primarily focusing on footwork. Enabling the practitioner to rapidly close the distance and finsh the opponent(s). This system is has three basic strategies: attack, counter attack and counter the counter. Which are present in all techniques of the system, empty hand, impact and bladed weapons, firearms, empty hand vs. weaponry and grappling.

7. silat1

silat1 Active Member

How about this:
    DEKITI-TIRSIA SIRADAS is a blade oriented system, primarily focusing on footwork, enabling the practitioner to rapidly close the distance and finishing the opponent(s).. This system has three basic stragegies: attack, counter attack and counter the counter. These aspects are present in all techniques of the system and are included in the empty hand, impact/bladed weapons, firearms and grappling.

8. R. Mike Snow

Looks great Brother Bill!

Short, sweet and straight to the point!

No pun intended of course.

How about a couple more votes athen we'll ask Dr. Dumogero what he thinks?[​IMG]

9. kaliace

kaliace New Member

Firearms……Grappling……I think those need to be taken off all together.

Firearms makes people think we teach proper weapon handling and shooting techniques.

Grappling lets not hop on the MMA bandwagon and leave that for the want-to-be’s

10. R. Mike Snow

You are correct on the firearms, it should be firearm retention and bayonet tactics. I will ask Matt how soon we can get the clips up for everyone to view.

As for the grappling, I have worked with GT Nene's grappling quite a bit. I am sorry that you have not had the opportunity to learn any of it yet Mike. GM calls the ground fighting with a blade Harrada and his sport wrestling Dumog of course. It looks to me like a cross between Shuai Chiao, Aiki-Jujutsu, free-style wrestling and Vale Tudo. So far, the Judo, Ju Jutsu, wresling and a BJJ practitioner I know, seem to be very impressed with GM's Dumog and want a lot more of it. John, Jeff, Mitch, Jose, Norm and Keith are all over for it. We want it all........ Pendakar Style has even been helping me out with the rules for the competitions. GM will even be demonstrating his Dumog at the Sulong Championship this October. Hope you can make it.

Looks like your students Matt and Lance will be coming to the gathering. We can ask GM to cover some more Dumog at the gathering. It's actually one of my favorite parts of the system. Hope you came make the trip over here too.

11. R. Mike Snow

DEKITI-TIRSIA SIRADAS a blade oriented system, primarily focusing on footwork. Enabling the practitioner to rapidly close the distance and finsh the opponent(s). This system is has three basic strategies: attack, counter attack and counter the counter. Which are present in all techniques of the system, empty hand, impact and bladed weapons, firearm retention, empty hand vs. weaponry and Dumog.

Quote by GT Nene Tortal, "Empty hand isour major."

We have our own style of dirty boxing too Mike. The hooks, straight punches and upper cuts are the same as the sak-sak and the hammer fists are the same as the pakal.

Both the Panggamut and the Dumog have a lot of palm changes and footwork applications similar to Bagua. The reversalsto throws and locks are also very similar to Bagua and Shuai Chiao. The reversals look similar to wrestling but have their own twist. The clinching techniques appear to be like Muay Thai but are very different. I can go on and on.......

None of this has anything to do with MMA's, it's a little bit older older..........

12. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

He certainly knows a lot of very effective grappling, and I do think of that as part of DTS based on my interactions...in fact the many disarms have something of a similar feel too. Maybe other DTS practitioners don't emphasize it as heavily as Mr. Tortal does?

13. NAGA

NAGA Member

Dumog and reversa..

hey Evferybody,
    I like hiw Bill worded it (Also I respect Bill and his opinions) ! Also, from personal experience GM Tortal is a "World class" Dumogero, he can reverse (reversa) just about anytype of hold or lock you can think of and more. We palyed alot of Snatch and counter in 2006 and most of the time I sailed through the air and was "Whiplashed" (GM calls it cracking the whip) too the ground. After that I was either spun and locked or, if a knife was involved I was being struck in some rather sensitve areas. Also my students can attest too the punishment I took during the public seminar, as well also teach Danzan-ryu jujitsu at the school and GM wanted his flavor of grappling to be shown so I would say I spent a good couple of hours sailing and landing (Hard). Also, when I hosted GM Tortal at an Aikido school his throws buried me on the mat so hard even the Aikido folks were wincing and saying those are some real hard throws.... So grappling (dumog) which actually means "wrestling", though you kind of have to say it with a small "w" and a somewhat redneck accent means just what it is and it is a big part of the system....

Thanks,
    John

14. R. Mike Snow

DEKITI-TIRSIA SIRADAS a blade oriented system, primarily focusing on footwork. Enabling the practitioner to rapidly close the distance and finsh the opponent(s). This system is has three basic strategies: attack, counter attack and counter the counter. Which are present in all techniques of the system, empty hand, impact and bladed weapons, firearm retention, empty hand vs. weaponry and Dumog.

Ok then........ may we have a few votes on this forum description, "Oo" or "Hindi"?

15. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Looks OK to me! I don't think I'd make the name all caps...we don't do that for any of the others, I think. Is the hyphen right: D-T S? Is caps for Dumog right?

Dekiti-Tirsia Siradas is a blade oriented system with a focus on footwork, enabling the practitioner to rapidly close the distance and finish the opponent(s). This system is has three basic strategies: attack, counter attack, and counter the counter. These are present in all techniques of the system--empty hand, impact and bladed weapons, firearm retention, empty hand vs. weaponry, and Dumog.

16. R. Mike Snow

As long as it's ok with everyone else I guess we can run with it......... Everything looks good to me. You are correct
    Dr. Dumogero, it sould be dumog. It is hyphened correctly too.

I will ask GT Nene if it's ok with him and will have an answer tonight.

Thanks, Mike

17. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

OK, sounds good! I'm leaving town on Friday and may be out of touch so if we don't have it settled before I leave it may be a week before I get to it.

18. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Mike
    Tell GT Nene that Bill from Guam says hi.. He probably will remember me as the individual who was in chicago and was with John when we were talking about Filipina wives.. He will probably remember me as the individual who's wife is from Pampanga (angeles city))

19. R. Mike Snow

Will do Bill, I will tell GT you said hello when I speak to him tonight.

20. R. Mike Snow

Well, here we have it. This is what I worked out with Ms. Joy Tortal and the boss(GT Nene) just a few minutes ago.

Dekiti-Tirsia Siradas is a blade oriented system heavily emphasizing footwork, enabling the practitioner to rapidly close the distance and finish the opponent(s). This system is has three basic strategies: attack, counter attack, and counter the counter. Which are present in all techniques of the system: empty hand, impact and bladed weapons, firearm retention, empty hand vs. weaponry, and dumog.

Is it still short enough Dr. Dumogero?