Forum Description?

Discussion in 'Misc. Knife Arts' started by Rich Parsons, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons Member

Could we have a discussion on what would be a good forum description?

2. Sheldon Bedell

Sheldon Bedell New Member

If it cuts it can be in here,
    Deatails of the knife/sword
    Why and how it is used or not used
    Pics of the blade if possible

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Is it for Knife Arts in the sense that Sayoc Kali is often thought of as a knife-only art (yes, I know they would find this a limiting description!), or for miscellaneous knife use of any sort?

4. Sheldon Bedell

Sheldon Bedell New Member

I would say any knife arts.
    I also don't see any problem with an area for "sporting" knifes or carry knifes

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Makes sense to me. A lot of people carry folders that aren't traditional Filipino blades but that they would use with FMA techniques.

I mean to get myself a folding Karambit some day. I got some recommendations on MartialTalk but haven't followed through yet. Maybe I'll ask my wife for one for Christmas...er, maybe not. I don't think she'd want a live blade under the tree. She's traditional that way!

6. JPR

JPR New Member

Live Blade and the Tree

If you have a real tree, there was a live blade involved somewhere in its past. Maybe you can use that as a rationalization for her to get you your folder.

Actually, even if it isn't a live tree, my bet is there was a blade involved with it during manufacture.

Jerry

7. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I may have to buy it for myself. We have a nice knife shop near me, but it doesn't carry Karambits.

8. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

The knife shop closed, but I did get the folding Karambit! I don't carry it veruy often though. It doesn't fit in my pocket as nicely as a regular folder does, and that's where I like to carry.