Forum Description?

Discussion in 'Sikaran' started by Rich Parsons, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons Member

Could we have a discussion on what would be a good forum description?

2. Far Walkers Moon

Far Walkers Moon New Member

I would like to know who is the head of Arnis-Sikaran.
    Is there only organization with this name? (I ask this because it seems that I have seen the name associated with different people claiming to be 9th or 10 degree on the Internet)
    Also what makes Arnis-Sikaran different from Sikaran is it the emphases on stick wok if so what style of stick work?

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Ric Jornales uses this name (formally Arnis-Kali Sipa-Sikaran), but other styles use 'Arnis' and 'Sikaran' as well.

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Is the current description too long? I wonder if it should be pared down a bit, in line with the descriptions for the other fora here.

5. Sheldon Bedell

Sheldon Bedell New Member

I like the discription but if you want to cut it down a little thats fine with me.
    Something simple like : A fighting art that primarily uses the feet. The Batomba and Biachi are two of the better known kicks. The hands _______etc.

6. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

How's this new version? It's still a little on the long side compared to what we have for other fora here, but I'm not sure what I'd want to cut out.

7. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Would there be a way to broaden the description to get more interest in here? I know some arts call their kicking component Sikaran (whether it comes from Sikaran per se or no, I don't know).