For your viewing pleasure-Draven Industries Knifework....

Discussion in 'Gear Talk!' started by Eric Draven, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Eric Draven

Eric Draven New Member

Hello FMA forum members. I'm Eric Draven. CEO of Draven Ind. I wanna show you all some of my work and see what you think. I hope you enjoy what you see.

We'll start with my new "Viper Strike" Finger Blade...I have had people say alot of nice things about this one so far, some nay-sayers, but thats always the way it is. :) The cool thing about this oneis its gonna be S30V or D2 steel, its razor sharp, will come with kydex sheath, and it can brace between the fingers if you wanna make a fist. If you have it all the way on your finger, you can press into it with the pad of your middle digit and really brace it to cut with. Anwyays, let me know what you all think of the prototype.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

============

Next up we'll go with my Project-X CIA/OSS reproduction Fist Spike. It comes with 3 different spikes stabdard, or you can choose tohave only one spike, or 2, or none. All the spikes screw ito the fistknuckle piece and are made of CPMD2. The knucks are 3/8" thick and most of the spikes are 1/4" dia. Comes with a Modular Kydex sheath system. Enjoy...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As you can see from the pics, there is one spike thats like any spike, pointy, then one that has a Kiridashi blade on the tip, and one thats hollowed out in the middle...like a syringe.

============

Then we have Neck knives...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Above is my KD4F model, smaller ring for smaller hands...

[​IMG]
    This is my KD4F model...bigger ring and longer handle for larger hands.

[​IMG]
    This is the Ameoba Necker...small, lightweight and easy to use.

[​IMG]
    This is the Sever-3F necker...Ive always like this one. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is the "Floro-Dashi" prototype, still working on it....Its a Variation of my KD4K with the blade flipped and stretched. Its meant for REK styles.

================

Heres soem of my Fixed blades...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My most recent Large fixed blade....a 14" OAL Barong in 1/4" thick CPMD2 with black G10 handles and the Kydex sheath is a W.I.P.

[​IMG]
    Heres the Silencer, the first Fixed blade I ever made to speak of. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is my PK Nano Persian...its about 4.5" of blade and 9.5" OAL...S30V steel...wicked sharp blade. :)

[​IMG]
    The Top knife is an REK one I made for one of the AMOK! Instructors and the bottom one went to a Systema Practitioner. You like?? :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is a One-off PK Nano I made with a Tanto tip...I also made a G10 Trainer or it too with matching sheath so training would mimic reality closely.

I have more but I think I'll leave it here for now...Let me know if theres anything any of you like. I am still making all of these models currently.
    I always welcome kind words and comments. :) Thanx for looking and Enjoy.

2. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Quality

Fantastic selection and to my eyes real craftsmanship. The likes of which you do not see very often. Keep up the great work.

3. Eric Draven

Eric Draven New Member

Thanx Shaun. Your kind words are appreciated. I try hard to make the best tools I can. I like making knives/tools,etc. so its easy to put everything Ive got into it. Ya know??