Footage of Tatang in Dog Brothers' latest "Masters Speak" DVD

Discussion in 'Kali Ilustrisimo' started by Deep Fat Friar, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Deep Fat Friar

Deep Fat Friar New Member

I've seen a couple clips of Tatang from previews of the above DVD.

The DVD looks to be mostly about the late Sonny Umpad, but I've also seen one sequence where they intersperse footage of Tatang and Sonny to a Santana song. There is also a short youtube clip that is just footage of Tatang.

Does anyone know if this is the extent of the footage of Tatang on this DVD? If there is a lot more, I might have to buy it.

Thanks!

2. Deep Fat Friar

3. Buwaya

Buwaya Senior Member

Thats the full extent of the footage.

4. Deep Fat Friar

Darn. But thank you very much!

5. sneaky

sneaky New Member

Hi All,

I have a feeling that a lot of KI people will be very happy in the not too distant future regarding footage of Tatang training:biggrinbo

ATB,

Jim

6. Deep Fat Friar

You got my attention. :)

7. sneaky

sneaky New Member

PM sent mate.

ATB,

Jim

8. Twist

Twist Junior Member

I want a PM too ;)

9. still lurking

still lurking New Member

how was the DVD itself.

I wish I had met GM Umpad.

10. pguinto

pguinto New Member

i ordered the original dvd last summer. the dvd disc itself is not commercial quality; from all appearances the disc appears to be a dvd+/-r disc with a color label slapped on. in fact, i couldnt get the dvd to work in my player (which is my laptop hooked up to my tv, it was probably due to the label). i actually had to make a copy using my pc to get a working disc. sorry, dont ask me for a copy, i dont want marc denny to hunt me down.

Is the material worth $50? It's speculative. However, do note that the dog brothers market this dvd as "Culture/non-instructional", so if you're looking for techniques, then search elsewhere, but the few techniques that one might gleam are quite decent (during a knife sparring session, Sonny actually causes the other guy to fall over with a simple knee nudge, quite funny). It is more of a glimpse into of the life of a struggling martial artist who is reaching the end of his days. If you're looking for inspiration, then it is definitely worth the buy. Personally i hope a portion of the proceeds are going to sonny's family.

As for the "Tatang" cameo, even tho the whole clip is showcased on youtube, seeing it in higher quality is much better imho.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  11. dekiti

dekiti DTS Guro

Video

Nice disarms of of Tatang. Great vids.

12. still lurking

still lurking New Member

thanks. What Mark Denney doesn't know won't hurt.

Lol.