Folding Karambit opinions

Discussion in 'Gear Talk!' started by jwinch2, Jan 5, 2010.

1. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

Admittedly, I have not been that big of a fan of the karambit in the past for any number of reasons. Chief among them that it is hard to make a convincing argument that there is a reason for you to be carrying one other than what it may (hopefully not) end up being used for. With that in mind, I tend to carry a very popular nice and shiny folder that can easily be explained to have other, less nefarious purposes.

However, in recent times, I am coming around a bit on the karambit and am considering picking one up along with a trainer. That being said, I would likely go with a folding model so that I can actually carry the darn thing should I end up making the complete conversion. To my knowledge, there are three folding karambits that are worth a darn. The Emerson, the 5.11 Tarani, and the Bokker which I think is new (saw the review on Mike from SEAMOK's website. I also know there are others out there, Smith and Wesson makes one, etc...

So, what do we think? Did I miss any that I should have mentioned? Which one is best in your view? Why?