FMATalk Meet&Greet 2006

Discussion in 'Admin Announcements' started by Apollo, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Apollo

Apollo Administrator

We will be doing our first "Meet and Greet" this year, in conjunction with MartialTalk and KenpoTalk. All FMA practitioners are welcome to come. I expect there will be several FMA's represented considering it's being held in a Modern Arnis school, so bring your sticks. :)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2006
  2. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Darth Vindicatus Supporting Member

Everyone is welcome to join us. Last years event was a success, we had alot of fun sharing our arts, swapping tips and just getting to know each other. We're still working on the instructor list at the moment, and will be getting more info out shortly. Hope to see some of the folks from FMAT this year. :)

You can see some pics here and some videos here of last years gathering.

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

There will be a schedule of instruction, then, not just people getting togher and training?

4. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Darth Vindicatus Supporting Member

Yes. Right now, we've got 3 instructors, but have room for several more. I'll hopefully have the site live soon with the updated information.

5. Sheldon Bedell

Sheldon Bedell New Member

I would love to get to meet some more of the community and get to learn more from them

6. Phadrus00

Phadrus00 New Member

Heckuva Good Idea!

Bob,

Loved the pics! Looks like you guys had a very successful event and a great location (been to a few seminars where the only padding on the floor was grit and determination! *grin*)

I'd love to attend. Planning on penciling in the date. I'd be happy to teach as well if you need an Escrima or Silat session.

Rob

7. Apollo

Apollo Administrator

Rob,
    Shoot Bob a PM or email. I believe theres still room for a few more instructors. I know he's working on finalizing things and getting the event site up and running.

8. Phadrus00

Phadrus00 New Member

Will Do! Thanks!

Rob

9. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I hope to make it to the M&G this year, barring surprises! I will definitely be at the WMAA camp in June. I purchased my (usuriously expensive) tickets this morning. Hopefully Mr. Hubbard and I can fit in pizza and wings before I leave!

10. Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons Member

Is there a schedule or line up of instructors yet?

Thank you

11. Apollo

Apollo Administrator

Well, Meet & Greet is this Saturday, August 19th.
    Things start at 1pm at Horizon Martial Arts, 252 Center Road, West Seneca NY (Buffalo).

Looking to be a good time for all. If you don't make it, I'm sure there will be some video and photos posted within a few days of the event.

12. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I'll be getting in late Thurs. or possibly early Fri.