FMA Seminar JUNE 30, 2007 in Vallejo,CA

Discussion in 'Seminars & Camps' started by StixMaster, May 15, 2007.

1. StixMaster

StixMaster -== Banned ==-

FMA Seminar JUNE 30, 2007 in Vallejo,CA

FMA Seminar on June 30, 2007 @
    1350 Amador Street - Vallejo, CA. 94590

Team NorCal K.S.D.I. in cooperation with Concepcion Combative Martial Arts Academy and ESKABO DAAN present :

" Gathering of Warriors "

An indepth seminar sharing the knowledge of Filipino Martial Arts, a chance to learn and understand the Filipino culture behind the martial art, through 2 extraordinary styles from 2 extraordinary GrandMasters.

GM Lito Concepcion ( Kombatan ) &

GM Robert Castro (Eskabo Daan & Kombatan )

First session : 9:30am to 12:30 pm
    Second session : 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm

** LUNCH will be provided **

COST : $ 45 adults / $ 25 17 yrs & under

Directions from San Francisco or Sacramento - Take the Tennesee St. exit, go west( toward Mare Island), turn right on Amador St. to 1350 Amador St. in the church gym there.

Contact: John Santa Catalina (707) 372-3643 or Tasi Alo (707) 208-3876

Last edited: May 15, 2007
  2. StixMaster

Its looks like a great seminar

This seminar will have demos of other styles in FMA and there might even be an attempt to break a world record at this event. I heard that invitations were sent to all FMA practitioners in the SF bay area as well as Filipino cultural groups too. This should be a first of many more FMA Seminars in Vallejo,CA. that will exhibit the whole Filipino culture & arts. Everyone will be most welcome, plus you get lunch included with the cost of the seminar. Also congratulations to both GM Lito Concepcion & GM Robert Castro on their promotion from GGM Ernesto A. Presas to 9th Dan(degree).:coolyello:sword2:

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

That sounds neat!

4. StixMaster

There are some Filipinon weapons collectors that are going to put on an exhibit at the seminar to share their collections, to promote and teach Filipino martial culture through their collections of Filipino weapons on display. :sword2:

5. armas

armas Junior Member

Was talking to GM Emil, Tasi and GM Lito yesterday at the Pista sa Nayon. They are all excited about this event.

We have Brady and company bringing some aniques filipino weapons from Kris blades, barongs, spears and shields. Old books and posters too. Then I believe Guro Gabe Rafael of Upakan Bara Bara will be there to demo;Guro Brando Castillo will show some Mano mano; GM Lito says he will teach some doble stick and Espada y daga techniques; Master Nene Gaabucayan of Teovel Balintawak is also gonna show up from L.A.; Master Mike Giron too will be there; I myself will be assisting GM Lito, G. Brando, G. Gabe and M. Nene in all their performances(Main dummy as we speak and proud to help these skilled FMA instructors). This is only the afternoon session.

Morning session will be with GM Roberto Castro of Escabodaan showing his art. I know this itself will be a treat for those who will attend.

See you guys there!

6. StixMaster

Who might be coming

I heard just today that GM Bandalan(Doce Pares) was invited also PG Myrlino Hufana( HUFANA TRADITIONAL ARNIS, Bellevue, WA )
    was invited and might be there at this seminar in Vallejo on June 30th. Professor Mike Morell from Oregon Eskabo Daan is going to teach at the seminar and Eskabo Master: Jay Dizon & GM Robert Castro (Eskabo Daan/Kombatan) will be teaching at the seminar in the morning session, GM Lito -(Kombatan) will have the afternoon session with Guro Gabe Rafael of Upakan Bara Bara will be there to demo;Guro Brando Castillo will show some Mano mano; GM Lito says he will teach some doble stick and Espada y daga techniques; Master Nene Gaabucayan of Teovel Balintawak is also gonna show up from L.A.; Master Mike Giron too will be there. This is only the afternoon session. As I get more info i will post it !

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  7. StixMaster

Master Giron/Bahalana

At GM Lito Concepcion's birthday party I was attending yesterday in the Northbay city of Vallejo,CA, I had a chance to meet Master Mike Giron, the son of GM Leo Giron of Bahalana, he will bring a demo team to the seminar on June 30th in Vallejo to demo Bahalana right after lunch for the second session. He is original Bahalana style! What a great birthday party it was for GM Lito Concepcion of Kombatan. We are all looking forward to the coming seminar which will feature at least 5 styles of FMA, this will indeed show the variety of FMA to especially the younger generation Filipinos as they start to explore their cultural roots in Filipino martial arts. For as we pass on the knowledge, FMA will continue to live far into the future.

8. StixMaster

Looks like this seminar is going to be a great one for all in FMA. These 2 Grand-Masters are working towards a co-operative relationship with all other systems, now that is a start to setting a good example of building up FMA rather then an individual style, it benefits the whole Filipino community and sets a path for the future FMA practioners-our children, to hopefully a more harmonious FMA world. Just thought I'd weigh-in after reading a post on another thread, I myself seek unity rather than division. I know I'm going to do my part to make it happen.

9. StixMaster

Next Saturday in Vallejo

Don't forget Saturday in Vallejo 'Gathering of Warriors" FMA Seminar. Hope to see those who have contacted me by e-mail, for sure I'll be there in the morning, but I do plan to stay the whole day. There will demos and instruction the whole day and with lunch thrown in.

Team NorCal K.S.D.I. in cooperation with Concepcion Combative Martial Arts Academy and ESKABO DAAN present :

An indepth seminar sharing the knowledge of Filipino Martial Arts, a chance to learn and understand the Filipino culture behind the martial art, through 2 extraordinary styles from 2 extraordinary GrandMasters.

Directions from San Francisco or Sacramento - Take the Tennesee St. exit, go west( toward Mare Island), turn right on Amador St. to 1350 Amador St. in the church gym there.

10. StixMaster

Next Saturday in Vallejo

[​IMG] Next Saturday in Vallejo
    Don't forget Saturday in Vallejo 'Gathering of Warriors" FMA Seminar. Hope to see those who have contacted me by e-mail, for sure I'll be there in the morning, but I do plan to stay the whole day. There will demos and instruction the whole day and with lunch thrown in. Here is a new post with better directons to get there. Salamat Po.

Directions from San Francisco or Sacramento - [​IMG]Directions from San Franciscoor Sacramento:

Slight right at I-80 E (signs for Bay Bridge/I-
    80/Oakland/7th St/US-101 N)

I-80 from Sacramento:

[​IMG]

1. Take the exit toward Tennessee St/Mare Island0.1 mi

2. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Tennessee St W/Mare Island and merge onto Admiral Callaghan Ln0.3 mi
    3. Turn right at Tennessee St0.8 mi
    3 mins
    4. Turn right at Amador St0.2 mi corner of Nebraska and Amador

1350 Amador St Parking is behind the church as well as curbside
    Vallejo, CA 94590

Call for more info !

Last edited: Jun 25, 2007
  11. mabagani

mabagani Pendato

btw spectators entrance fee is $5.

I'll be participating with the Filipino Arms and Armor Society exhibit. Good time to bring friends and family to see cultural artifacts beside watching the seminar and demos.

12. pahhhoul

pahhhoul New Member

I was told by GM Castro that GM Hufana won't be able to attend due to personal matters. But, hey.. .. that's what future seminars are for. If you don't make it to this one, there's always going to be another.

paul

13. StixMaster

Great seminar in Vallejo

We all had a great time at this seminar. The morning session GM Robert Castro with Eskabo Daan warm-up and fundamentals, then had a workshop till lunch w/drink which was included with the cost of the seminar, then Master Nonato"Nene"Gaabucayan of Teoval Balintawak Gold Chapter of Los Angeles and his student Mike Smith demonstrated their basic groupings of utilizing their live hand so efficiently. Also Tabimina Balintawak USA- Salinas,Ca. and Villasin Balintawak academy of Vallejo Ca. GM Ver Villasin . PG Mike Giron & Dexter Labonog and Bahalana, demonstrated Bahalana drills , fighting techniques etc.. Also there was Prof. Allen Magdangal and Prof. Mario Mandangal School of Kali did a demo as well. Then GM Concepcion showed some Kombatan and Master Brandon Castillo show us 'mano-mano' for about 30minutes, then GM Lito Concepcion went for a 'Guiness World record for beer bottle breaking by breaking 100 bottles in 5min 48 sec. NorCal K.S.D.I. helped to host, thanks GM Bautista, Sigung Cheyenne Corpus and the NorCal Team also to all who attended and supported this 'Gathering of Warriors 2007' Thanks to 'Fine Antique Art & Weapons' Brady and Braulio great display and info on many aspects of Filipino history with all those books , pictures and great antique blades.

14. StixMaster

15. daryl510

daryl510 New Member

16. daryl510

daryl510 New Member

*edit

This is the first FMA ive attended. I was a bit intimidated before coming to this seminar (being fairly new to FMA). This seminar had such a friendly environment; Everybody was so helpful and so kind. I did not take long for me to feel comfortable but i still stayed a bit shy. Its pretty amazing to see the styles that was represented, which I believe were Kali/Serrada from the Eskabo Daan Group, Both Double Stick and Mano-Mano from Kombatan, Teovel Balintawak, Bahalana Arnis and a little bit of Tabimina Balintawak. It was an honor personally meeting most of the GM's. Much Mahal to the people who coordinated this event.

-Daryl

Daryl

17. animal_stylez

animal_stylez New Member

Welcome to the world of FMA daryl510! Yes you definitely feel the friendly environment when going to FMA events. Every seminar I have been to has been like that. This last weekend was my first FMA competition that I went to, just observing, and it was the same way.

BTW...what school do you train at?