FMA seminar in Athol, MASS: March 15

Discussion in 'Seminars & Camps' started by grimfang, Feb 4, 2008.

1. grimfang

grimfang Junior Member

The White Leopard Sikaran Institute will be hosting its first FMA seminar on March 15, 2008. The event will take place at Athol American Legion Hall ( 352 Pequoig Ave ) from 11 am- 5 pm. We are excited to announce that Datu Tim Hartman from the World Modern Arnis Alliance will be joining us for the event. Don't miss this rare opportunity to experience White Leopard Sikaran and Modern Arnis in the New England Area.

I will share additional details as they become available. A link to maps and driving directions will be povided soon.

2. grimfang

grimfang Junior Member

just a couple of weeks until the event... I have recieved several emails from people interested in attending...

The event will run from 11am-5pm, with a short break for lunch.
    In addition to Datu Hartman's teaching of Modern Arnis techniques, we will be covering fundamental Sikaran concepts and techniques, and Close-range/Zero-Range Sikaran foot-fighting techniques.

What to bring:
    Sticks
    Training blade
    mouthpiece/protective cup optional (always recommended!)

Cost is $45 at the door.

I look forward to seeing everyone there.

directions:
    from East/ northeast/southeast
    495 to rt 2 west exsit 18 on 2/202. 3.1 miles to light in center of town turn right approx 1/2 Legion is on the right just befor the hill.
    or
    190 to rt 2 exsit 18 on 2/202. 3.1 miles exsit 18 on 2/202. 3.1 miles to light in center of town turn right approx 1/2 Legion is on the right just befor the hill.
    or

If you miss exsit 18 take exit 17 to Athol. 1.1 miles then left turn at intersection then 2.9 miles to light in center of town turn right approx 1/2 Legion is on the right just befor the hill.

From west/south west/ north west: I-95 to rt 2/202 east to exsit 17 left onto petersam road 1.1 miles then left turn at intersection then 2.9 miles to light in center of town turn right approx 1/2 Legion is on the right just befor the hill.

3. Far Walkers Moon

Far Walkers Moon New Member

I will not be there but I hope there is a good turn out and the event goes well

4. Sheldon Bedell

Sheldon Bedell New Member

the event is tomorrow

I was looking forward to you being there sorry you cant make it

looks like it will be a small turn out so there is still room for those wishing to attend

5. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone there! It will be a great time

6. grimfang

grimfang Junior Member

The roads are a little sloppy today, but the main roads around here are all clear. The snow and rain will be gone in a few hours, and everything will continue as planned.

I hope to see everyone there and please drive safely.

7. Carol

Sheesh, Datu! I know you're in Buffalo but did you have to bring the snow with you too?

Just kidding! See y'all in a couple hours!

8. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I'll be looking forward to hear how things went!

9. Carol

It was awesome!

I'll write more about it after I've had a chance to get some sleep...right now I'm exhausted!

10. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I just spoke with Mr. Hartman and he said it was a good time!

11. Sheldon Bedell

Sheldon Bedell New Member

A smaller than expected group maybe because of the snow.
    Great learning and training with thop notchinstruction (as expected)
    All seemed to have a good time and all had oppertunity to work with Mr. Hartman on a one on one bases through out the day.
    For those that did not make it I hope to see you next time