FMA in Virginia Beach, VA - Hello!

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Noypi, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Noypi

Noypi FMA Virginia Beach

Hello everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself as a growing group in Virginia Beach, VA. Our goal is to educate the community in not only the Filipino Martial Arts, but in culture. There isn't alot of places in my area that have this so we decided to create one.

I hope to be able to share and learn from everyone on this board. Ingat!

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome! What style(s) are you teaching? Are you also teaching things like Filipino dance?

3. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Welcome to FMATalk and as Arnisador said we would love to learn more about what you are doing! [​IMG]

4. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

There seem to be a few FMA groups in Va Beach or at least in the area. You guys are in a good location. Good for you!

5. Battle Born Arnis

Battle Born Arnis New Member

That is so kewl! My favorite topic about the Filipino culture is FOOD!!!! Although I can't cook....everyone seems to agree about the eating part. =)

6. Noypi

Noypi FMA Virginia Beach

Our foundation and heaviest influence is the Inosanto Blend but try my best to educate about the other systems that exist outside of the blend. We believe that being diverse will help a student find their strongest attribute and grow from there. We also have our own special mix. This mix would be elements of krabri krabong to give a very dynamic approach to training with a full arsenal. The beginning is teach Muay Thai and FMA at the same time, then our more advance material is the mix I just mentioned with the concepts of JKD.

Dancing: The closest we'll give is the history and story of singkil and how it relates to tinikling. Of course karenza would be our form of "dance" that is discussed during class while playing the singkil beat on the drum. We're trying to find a kulintang to give the full effect of the Sayaw. The collections of stories, history and artifacts is still in the making to become a solid resource for those that want to learn in the Virginia Beach area.

Of course! Love to eat good food.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009