FMA History/The Art in its Homeland

Discussion in 'Dog Brothers Martial Arts' started by Crafty Dog, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

2. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Thanks Crafty that is a nice link!

3. maliksi77

maliksi77 New Member

Perry Gil Mallari was a longtime contributor to the now-defunct Rapid Journal magazine. In the Fight Times section of the Manila Times newspaper, Perry covers a variety of martial arts disciplines, including Filipino, Chinese, and mixed martial arts. Fight Times is available online and is a great resource for native Pinoy insight on the arts.

4. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

5. Pinuti

Pinuti New Member

some of these articles can be found on fma pulse

6. downtime

downtime New Member

Thanks for the info. I think I still saw some issues of Rapid Journal in National Bookstore in the PHL a few months ago. Are these over stocks?

7. maliksi77

maliksi77 New Member

Yes, these would be overstocks as Rapid Journal ended with Volume 14 Number 2 (Issue 52) in 2010. Below is a link listing all the issues published. By the way, you are lucky if you’re near a National Bookstore back home. I used to hang out at the original store corner of Claro M. Recto Avenue and Morayta in my UST days in Manila.

http://www.usadojo.com/pdf-files/FMA%20Digests/2009/Special-Edition_Rapid-Journal.pdf

8. downtime

downtime New Member

Wow! I didn't know that they ceased operations already. Did the Binondo based publishing office created another similar interest based magazine?

I used to check out different National Bookstore branches in the Metro to score some issues of Rapid Journal. You are indeed lucky to hang out in that iconic store in Manila \m/

Thank you for the RJ list!