FMA Digest

Discussion in 'Pedoy's Derobio Escrima' started by Rapier, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Rapier

Rapier RHC

There are some great pictures of GGM and Batikan Pedoy in the new issue of FMA Digest as well as some interesting reading material Hope you all enjoy this. Mahalo

2. Taiaha NZ

Taiaha NZ -== Banned ==-

It is a great issue to read to see a real view of the truths in Filipino Martial Arts ! Your real experience gives all of us a glimpse of a time in Hawaii that no longer exists like it did then when you were there GrandmasterChief, times they are a changing. Aloha

3. The Phalanx

The Phalanx FMA's Frank Lucas

What you mean by a time in Hawai'i that no longer exists?

4. Taiaha NZ

Taiaha NZ -== Banned ==-

?

5. The Phalanx

You said "a glimpse of a time in Hawai'i that no longer exists"... Are you talking FMA wise or something else? If it is FMA, please clarify...

6. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

In both senses, I'd imagine!

7. StixMaster

StixMaster -== Banned ==-

It is an experience that only GrandMasterChief Dan Medina wwould know simply because he was there in Hawaii at the right time and place ! He met the - REAL - folks who knew FMA as a part of their life.
    Cause if you don't know what I mean now YOU will never know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Rapier

Rapier RHC

Being in the right place at the right time, is a good why to put it. These old GGM have left us with a taste of what they knew. They spent the greater part of there lives learning. GGM Pedoy had over 80 yrs experiance and knowledge, now thats gone. as well as all the knowledge he was not able to impart simply becouse we were not ready. those old time will never come back. thats not to say there are not any good FMA insructors in Hawaii there are. its just that when a old master leaves us A lot of information is lost. We can only imagine the wealth of knowledge these men had that they yet wanted to share. Do not take these men for granted nor the ones that are still living for they have a lot to share, some have forgoten more than most know.

9. The Phalanx

GGM Pedoy was definitely one of the best FMA masters there ever was... It is too bad that I never got to meet him...

There have been a lot of great FMA masters that have left this world... Greats like Illustrisimo and Sonny Umpad... I'm sure there are still greats that are still alive and would love to meet them someday...