FMA CONVENTION 2008 in MARYLAND

Discussion in 'Seminars & Camps' started by humanbody2, Jun 5, 2008.

1. humanbody2

humanbody2 New Member

Master Apolo Ladra
    Proudly presents:​

The World Premier Presentation of the Indigenous Filipino Fighting Arts...​

FMA CONVENTION 2008

August 29-31

Holiday Inn BWI Airport Conference Center
    890 Elkridge Landing Road
    Linthicum Heights, MD 21090

Experience dynamic training with legendary names in Filipino Martial Arts. They are ready to share their tips and techniques with you. Learn from the Inheritors, Supreme Grand Masters, the Manongs, and the Lolos of FMA. This is your chance to maximize your training........

YOU WON'T WANT TO THIS AMAZING OPPORTUNITY!!!

LOOK WHO IS PRESENTING AT THE '08 GATHERING OF LEGENDS!!!

Mataas na Guro, DR REMY PRESAS, JR.
    (Modern Arnis)
    The Blade Master, Supreme GM Leo T. Gaje, Jr.
    (Pekiti-Tirsia Kali System)
    Grand Master Bobby Taboada
    (Balintawak Escrima)

Please visit www.fmaconvention.com for more information:

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Wow, an impressive lineup! Good luck!

3. BalintawakMD

BalintawakMD New Member

GRANDMASTER BOBBY TABOADA in MARYLAND (August 29-31, 2008)

Master Apolo Ladra
    Proudly presents:

The World Premier Presentation of the Indigenous Filipino Fighting Arts...

FMA CONVENTION 2008

August 29-31

Experience dynamic training with legendary names in Filipino Martial Arts. They are ready to share their tips and techniques with you. Learn from the Inheritors, Supreme Grand Masters, the Manongs, and the Lolos of FMA. This is your chance to maximize your training........

(Modern Arnis)
    (Balintawak Escrima)

4. BalintawakMD

BalintawakMD New Member

DR REMY PRESAS JR. in MARYLAND (Aug. 29-31, 2008)

Master Apolo Ladra
    Proudly presents:

The World Premier Presentation of the Indigenous Filipino Fighting Arts...

FMA CONVENTION 2008

August 29-31

(Modern Arnis)
    (Balintawak Escrima)

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Wow, a great line-up!

6. jedtkd

jedtkd New Member

Convention

This convention looks great. It's about time someone tries to unite our Art. Before anyone starts to slam on me that it has already been tried, has it been tried in this way, with good intent for the art, not trying to promote your art. Many arts together are much stronger that many trying to outdo each other. To me FMA is about so many things besides "my style is better than your style". I believe that any style is better than no style. I think the main thing is to have passion for your style. Make it work for you. With this conventin you can see many other styles and see if any of them intrest you. I have trained in several other arts before i settled into the art i now train in and i think that journey has made me a better student/player. That being said at this convention you can "taste" an art for yourself and see if intrest's you. That don't mean you are stepping on your instructor. If he is confidant in his style he will welcome you to try another style and see you back when you are done. A closed mind is like a funnel. Turned over it doesn't let much liquid pass into it, but turn it over and the world is open to you and you can let pass what you don't like and keep what you do like. As i see it at this convention there will be many funnels there and it's up to you to open yours and see if you want to keep anything. See you there in August. I will be the one with many open funnels, lol. Jed

7. jedtkd

jedtkd New Member

Grand Master Bobby

Kumusta and Greetings,
    I just wanted to take a second to invite anyone interested in Balintawak to our Convention on August 29-31 2002. I have been a student of Grand Master Bobby Toboada for many years now. In fact his style was my first introduction to FMA. What i loved about his system is that it helped us little guys get alot of power out of our sticks. He is an amazing man and teacher. No matter what we were doing, sweating in the gym or making a mess on the dinner tables of the resturant Timbuktu, GM Bobby had us all laughing and enjoying ourselves. He is one of GM's that i look up to. Talk about a story teller. He is a jewel of the FMA, a true gentleman. I personally look forward to seeing him again. He will be here in Maryland on August 29-31st. Call 410-768-7788 or check out www.fmaconvention.com
    Looking forward to seeing anyone interested in FMA, Jed

8. jedtkd

jedtkd New Member

Dr. Remy Presas Jr.

Kumusta and Greetings,
    Come to Maryland and see Dr. Remy Presas Jr. and Modern Arnis and help us all celebrate the career and leadership of Professor Remy Presas Sr. No matter what your style is he /they have been on the forefront of FMA for many years. In my humble opinion any style of FMA is better than no FMA. He will be here on August 29-31 2008. Come check out the different systems and decide for yourself which style works for YOU. www.fmaconvention.com is the place to get all the info you need. Make your reservations soon and come support your system with an open mind. Talk about a trio of presenters, plus other styles may be there as well. We look forward to meeting anyone interested in FMA. This is a convention for FMA and the people that love the art. This is not just a seminar, it's an event not to be missed. Register now @ 410-768-7788 or e-mail apoloskarate@aol.com The more the merrier

9. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

Post moved by admin.

10. DukitAmoy

DukitAmoy New Member

Looking forward training with MABAGSIK MARYLAND PTK BULLS. Say Hello to Manong Leo, Manong Bobby T. I'll cook PANSIT and Chicken Lumpia. Hopefully, we'll have enough for everyone.
    Maraming Salamat.

11. jedtkd

jedtkd New Member

FMA Convention

Kumusta and Greeting,
    It's almost time to show your love and intrest for FMA. Please show your Grand Master support. The weather should be great. Not too hot and just right to remind us of the Philippines without the crazy traffic and the honking of the horns. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to email Master Apolo at apoloskarate@aol.com or call the scholl at 410-768-7788. Last FMA blowout of the summer. Make plans to spend it with the Masters of FMA. Looking forward to making new friends and sharing in the brotherhood of FMA. Show us your stuff and teach us some new techniques. I guarantee these Masters will have you laughing and sweating at the same time. I am not Filipino but it's one of the traits of Filipino teachers is that they love to have fun while training. Prepare to train hard but laugh harder. You will come back with some funny sayings and stories, no doubt. I myself can't wait. Make sure you bring your bathing suit because the hotel has a real nice pool. Fun had by all. See you soon, Jed

12. Datu Tim Hartman

This event is right around the corner. I'll be there on Saturday. Is anyone else from FMAT going?

13. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Have fun as it looks like a great event! [​IMG]

14. Brock

Brock Asha'man

I thought I'd be able to make it, but it didn't work out.

15. Robert Klampfer

Robert Klampfer New Member

Yessir. I'll be hosting tours of the lobby bar. :beer2:

16. PeteNerd

PeteNerd Member

How was the convention?

Pete

17. Datu Tim Hartman

I was only there for one day of training do to a schedule conflict, so I can't comment on the entire event. I got there late Friday night in time to see part of GT Gaje's closing session. I got to see some faces from back in the day. The next day started early for everyone (except me, I over slept). GT Gaje started with double stick, I really enjoyed it.

After lunch I did GM Taboada's session. We worked on a lot of singles and GM came over to me and my partner for some extra attention. At the banquet they had a Filipino dance group come in. They did a great job and helped people learn how to do the Tinikling. They even got me up to do it.

For those who couldn't make you missed a good event.

18. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Sounds great Tim. Glad you had a good time. :coolyello

19. Brock

Brock Asha'man

Damn, that would have been worth the price of admission! :D