Flexible weapons

Discussion in 'Pekiti-Tirsia Kali' started by mi1990, Mar 6, 2011.

1. mi1990

mi1990 New Member

What kind of flexible weapons are covered in Pekiti Tirsia ? Is there any specific sarong, metal chains and whip materials within it ?

2. blindside

blindside student

I have seen it demonstrated, but never actually been taught any sort of formalized curriculum. So it is in there, but certainly not one of the core systems.

3. LRC

LRC New Member

I`ve seen some whip use demonstrated.
    Tuhon Bill also showed some versions of the espada y daga sequidas with flexible weapon instead of the espada. Actually it was bandana y pen..

4. TuhonBill

TuhonBill New Member

Hi Folks,

I learned some flexible weapon techniques from both Eddie Jafri and Tuhon Gaje. Even in Tuhon Gaje's case, the material he taught was from a style of silat he learned in his travels, rather than being a part of Pekiti-Tirsia (at least at that time. His curriculum has changed a lot since those days). Some of you may remember a magazine article in the 80's in which Tuhon Gaje had a metal necklace made up of ball bearings which he called the "rosary of death." He demonstrated some silat techniques with flexible weapons in that article.

I've included flexible weapons in some of my classes, usually as part of an improvised weapons class. Last year I included a segment on flexible weapons at the PTI summer camp. I have a short segment on the use of flexible weapons on the Palm Stick DVD sold on the PTI website.

http://www.pekiti.com/ptistore/store.php?crn=215

Regards,
    Tuhon Bill McGrath

5. William

William Mongrel Combative Arts

Not taught in the system but the Sjambok is something I and some of my guys work with from a Pekiti base. A very effective non-lethal (for the most part) weapon.

William

6. acdcnate

acdcnate New Member

PTK Military instructor course covers the Garrote and other flexible weapons. Tuhon Waid can clear up any issues regarding the flexible weapon.

7. equilibrium

equilibrium New Member

Only seen paracord myself in formal training. It is above empty hands but low on the list if you have other options.