First time Bolo/Sword buyer

Discussion in 'Misc. Sword Arts' started by RomeroCuero, Oct 6, 2013.

1. RomeroCuero

RomeroCuero New Member

I am looking to buy my first Live Bolo or Pinute. I am a student of Doce Pares and i know we do work a lot with Pinute blades,but i also plan on using it to butcher deer and pigs,so iam also open to a Bolo. Any suggestions and direction from buyers in this forum would be greatly aprreciated. Thanks!

2. blindside

blindside student

I own one of the Kris Cutlery pinute, and I have been pretty happy with it. Good quality blade, mine is probably 10 years old at this point but it doesn't look like the design has changed.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

3. michigankalisilat

michigankalisilat New Member

I would suggest looking at http://www.traditionalfilipinoweapons.com

I dont have any personal experience with their blades but people seem to be very happy with them. They seem like the real deal and will hold up if you plan on slaughtering large mammals. There are tons of videos of people chopping all sorts of objects on youtube.

4. RomeroCuero

RomeroCuero New Member

Thank you very much, ive been doing some online research and it seems that your suggestions are pretty much the standards. Chances are im going to from the Traditional Filipino Weapons site. Thanks again!

5. blindside

blindside student

Looks like the prices at KC jumped recently, the Pinute is backordered over at Kult of Athena at $99, and the KC site recently had it on sale at a matching price.
    http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=KRSPT&name=Kris+Cutlery+Pinuti

I own one TFW product and have handled others, but at $99 the KC product smokes it, unless you like paying $130 for the nicer sheath. :D

6. RomeroCuero

RomeroCuero New Member

I also found a sight called Valiant,if anyone has info on them it would be appreciated. Prices seem pretty fair and craftmanship looks good as far a picture goes.