Filipino Martial arts documentary "The Bladed Hand" debuts in Manila

Discussion in 'FMA in the News' started by silat1, May 24, 2012.

1. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Just received a preview trailer of the Filipino Martial arts "the Bladed Hand" will be debuted in Manila on the 7th of July.. I am going to be flying in to take part of this historical release of the Filipino Martial arts expansion world wide.. Here is a little bit of what is to come

.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iph3VvLA4GE&feature=plcp

2. BirdieKing

BirdieKing Member

We are planning on interviewing Jay Ignacio (producer and director) June 3rd. If anyone has any questions for Jay please call in on June 3rd or if your shy post them in the FMATalk Live forum. Thanks.

3. NAGA

NAGA Member

Hello All,
    This was our best podcast yet!!!!!

4. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Junior Member

The docu-film has had screenings in the Philippines. Wouldn't it be great to have a screening in Chicago? I am sure all of us here in Illinois would love to see this. Is there any way we can organize and arrange a screening here? Mr. Jay Ignacio's terms is actually simple. I tried writing to the Philippine Consul but didn't get a reply. I guess they're not interested to host it.

5. silat1

silat1 Active Member

I've already put the bug in Jay Ignacio's ear about doing a circuit tour through Chicago as the feed back I get from other FMA forums, it is a distinct possibility. But it has to be a set commitment, none of the half ass promises that does not materilize.. Jay financed all of this project out of his own pocket, so you can see where this is a determining factor..

6. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Junior Member

I actually had a forwarded message from the Philippine Consul of Chicago. It seems they are considering screening this film during the Filipino American History Month (FAHM) or at the Chicago Filipino American Film Festival (CFAFF).

Would anybody be interested to help give it a little more push?