Fil Am petition for Apology

Discussion in 'The Den' started by kabaroan, Oct 2, 2007.

1. kabaroan

kabaroan Kabaroan

2. Dagadiablo

Dagadiablo New Member

WTF!!!!

Deperate F----NG WHORES!!! My wife is graduated from a Filipino Medical School (currently a licensed and trained in the US) and constantly outshines and outperforms US domestic grads in terms of work ethic, moral and values, integrity and clinical knowledge. That is extremely insulting, racist and insulting!

3. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Found the clip on YouTube, it seems to be making the rounds. Which hopefully means that people...whether or not they have Philippine heritage...think the dialogue is disgusting.

[yt]2sqyGdc5H6g[/yt]

4. Sabre

Sabre New Member

Just watched the clip....that is disgusting and insulting! I am not of Philippine heritage, but the art and amazing people who teach and guide me that I have come to call family are. I am offended they would insult a culture and people who offer so much to us all.

5. PeteNerd

PeteNerd Member

Everyone knows filipino doctors are the best in the world, but it is also very easy to get forged diplomas in the philippines.

Pete

6. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I get regular offers to but a Ph.D....and I'm a college professor. I also get offers to buy a law degree. It's everywhere! Someone throw these moneychangers out of my (academic) temple.

7. citom

citom New Member

That may be so, but I sincerely doubt that anyone with a forged medical degree can pass the United States Medical Licensure Examinations (USMLE), which is required of all physicians wishing to practice medicine in the US. This includes foreign medical graduates (including those from the Philippines). Most Filipino medical graduates who do take the USMLE will also have taken the Philippine Medical Licensure Exam, so they will have passed two certification exams before being admitted to a residency training program in the US.

The "joke" just betrays the ignorance and racism of the scriptwriters.

8. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

News Coverage.

People
    Rehab: Lohan in, Spears staying out
    'Desperate' viewers object to punch line

9. Cuts and Bruises

Cuts and Bruises New Member

Personally, I think that this line was perfect! It exemplifies the narrow-minded bigotry of my neighbors here in the American 'Burbs. I am quite often ashamed and embarrassed by things that I hear falling out of the mouths of my allegedly educated peers.

The simple fact that they watch such mindless detritus on the brain-sucker is indicative of their lack of anything resembling a higher conciousness.

Just when I think that this backward country is making good on their promises to the world, they go and put something like this out for the world to see, proving once again, that we are really just "ugly Americans".

I will apologise right here and now for this pathetic attempt at humor. I wish it meant more.

10. Cuts and Bruises

Cuts and Bruises New Member

I just added my name to the list. With my signature there are currently 117345 folks that think that this is not all right. Good stuff!

11. Bill Bednarick

Bill Bednarick Junior Member

I would hope that most of the people that signed the petition don't watch the show again if they ever did.

And someone needs to point out to Ms. Hatcher that you do not read lines on camera you do not agree with...

unless of course you do.

BTW any one know what the person that finishes last in their class in an American medical school is called?

Doctor, just like the person that finished first in the Philippine Med school.
    But who do you think you'd like working on you?
    I wonder what Ms. Hatchers answer would be?

Did ya see that... it might have looked like I just called Teri Hatcher a racist.

But truthfully she's probably nothing more than just another mindless TV meatpuppet that repeats whatever the prompter/script says.

Now please remember that next time one of these "stars" tries say something meaningful.

Now whoever wrote the line should have to own up to it and publicly apologize.
    While always having to use the Doctor than finished dead last in his American med school class.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  12. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Your last/first example is dead-on.

Meanwhile, the U.S. (and other English-speaking countries) are luring away so many nurses from the Phil. that it's a problem there:

Skilled women lead brain drain to the West

13. citom

citom New Member

All I can say is:

14. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

This is a blog I wrote on the Desperate Housewives quagmire. Agree with it or not...moderators if you feel it is inappropriate please file 13 it....

Desperate Housewifes Controversy?
    It's Much Bigger ThanThat!

I have been reading a lot lately about a distasteful remark that was written into the script about Filipinos and their medical practices. I understand why Filipinos are upset and feel they have a right to demand an apology.

What I don't understand is why the big gripe. If every group of people were to vent their frustrations about a word used or a phrase, stereotype etc. that they hear on television or radio or in a movie the list would be so long you wouldn't be able to see the end.

Black people, white people, woman, Muslims have all been nailed vehemently in stand up, on sitcoms, news broadcasts, in movies, books etc. etc. by their own race and those outside their race (some believe then it is OK)...hell I have personally been called a NAZI a CRACKER, a WHITE PIECE of ****, HOWLY, WHITE TRASH, CASPER, MICK, you name it I have been called it at one time or another through out my long life (life takes us into the folds of bigot's on a daily basis). Is it right? NOPE , did it bother me? NOPE..I consider the source.

An insult is only yours if you accept it and in my case I never accepted it so it was water off a ducks back. I am 100% secure in who I am and what I believe in and how I was raised so ignorance and prejudice doesn't phase me. If I would retaliate in kind by spewing the same crap or demand an apology from those who could give two ***** and a dixie cup less what they heard I would look like a big fool. So being me I simply smile and tell them have a nice day....to respond with violence or vulgarities etc. would only make me like them.

So for the Filipinos who are upset about this I feel you, but I wouldn't demand a dang thing from idiot's who care only about their ratings and self-worth. Simply quit watching, quit listening and do what makes you proud and do what you know is right.

An apology for apologies sake has no meaning it simply would be words to suffice the masses from boycotting a money making entity.

To the networks I say F*** YOU. All this crap is put on TV to keep us from thinking, to keep us down, to keep us from asking pertinent questions, in other words the media blitz in the world is the main line to the dumbing of the masses...don't believe it? Check again, check the facts, ask yourself why our country is one of the lowest and absolute worst for education, ask yourself why are billions spent on killing people as opposed to helping them, ask yourself why is our health insurance privatized and not made readily available to those who need it. The answers are all connected.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    Jimi Hendrix

http://zeitgeistmovie.com./

15. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Due to my background, I have been called basically the same thing as Mike B, and that was by friends.I had a situation while in the military where I married a Filipina and had to break a couple of guys jaws due to their racist remarks when they met my wife.. One of them was by my own uncle and a class mate who I went to school with.. In the military, you run across this closed mindness by people who are stereotyping what they have heard from others in their own little pond..

Hell,I have never watched this so called entertainment media and from the way it sounds, it will be on my blacklist of things to not watch for as long as the program runs, which I hope is a short duration..

Bill